Different Teachings on Who God's People Are

by GTis4U 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GTis4U
    GTis4U

*** ws chap. 13 p. 112 par. 14 So, now, thanks to Jehovah that he has provided the capable Mediator who is successfully accomplishing the purpose of the new covenant in producing a people, 144,000 strong, for His name!

*** w95 12/15 p. 27 At a meeting of the Christian governing body in Jerusalem, James, born a Jew, said under inspiration that God had “turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.” (Acts 15:14) The apostle Paul called this new Christian nation “the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16) Respecting the purpose of their calling, Peter wrote: “You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 2:9) As God’s chosen people, they were to shine as illuminators in the world. Jehovah’s righteousness would set them on high.

*** w89 3/1 p. 26 par. 10 This “people,” including those few Jews who accepted Jesus as the Messiah, collectively form “the [spiritual] Israel of God” and is made up of 144,000 spirit-begotten followers of Christ Jesus.

*** w89 8/15 p. 12 par. 10 According to Revelation 7:4 and 14:1-4, these are to number merely 144,000 individuals, the “little flock,” called to God’s heavenly Kingdom.

*** w79 10/1 p. 26 par. 12 Down through the centuries since then Jehovah has been taking out a “people for his name” from among circumcised Jews, circumcised Samaritans and uncircumcised Gentiles. (Amos 9:12) This people for Jehovah’s name was to number just 144,000, who were to be united with Jesus in his heavenly kingdom.—Rev. 7:4-8; 14:1-3.

*** w78 8/15 p. 12 par. 21 - Jehovah has his name-people today. They do not belong to Christendom’s religions, butconstitute a remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers.

CHANGE OF THOUGHT ABOUT "GOD'S PEOPLE"

***w013/1p.9 - In the first century, the “people for his name” was the Christian congregation. Is there a people for God’s name today? Yes, and Gustavo came to realize that Jehovah’s Witnesses are that people.

***w103/15p.28par.20 - By means of the new covenant, Jehovah has made all of this possible. Millions of spiritual foreigners have become part of Jehovah’s favored nation. (Mic. 4:1-5)

*** w04 1/15 p. 25 - It is only the people for his name, those preaching and teaching the truth about Jehovah, who are truly glorifying his name today.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi GTis4U

Its difficult to make sense of those quotes without more context. Could you summarise your point in your own words?

Welcome to the forum, what's your story?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*jw alert!*

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome GTis4U!

Yes, the Watchtower does tend to change it's stance on things. Sometimes it changes things back to what they used to believe and then back again to what they taught later on.

Just leaves you spinning round and round.

Trooper - "Round Round We Go"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPWPEBdGe4A

• yesidid
    yesidid

Welcome GT,

Am I correct that you are saying that for many years until at least 1995 the Watchtower was saying that it was just the 144,000

who were "Gods People, "a people for his name", but now they are saying it's all of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• GTis4U
    GTis4U

Well, it looks like we're bang up to date with the flexiblity of how we interpret some Scriptures.

Today's study Watchtower, (June 15 2012 page 15, par. 6) once again states who God's people are - "there was an attack on God's people - the remaining ones of Christ's brothers on earth......a remnant. (Matt. 25:40)."

So my question to any of my brothers and sisters is this - did you know that (in certain people's minds) you are not classed as one of God's people?

Don't have your "ears tickled" twice a week, get down to some serious study of the Bible - not the literature. But remember, we have been warned by the "Governing Body" not to do research with others into Bible doctrines!! (September 2007 K/Ministry).

• GTis4U
    GTis4U

Sorry, YESIDID - that's exactly what has been going on.

And now there seems to be a big push on to get acceptance of blood fractions, by warning us that if we "refuse some treatments", we could be showing disrespect for life!

This is contrary to what the "Faithful Slave" said a number of years ago;

(w619/15p.558par.16)RespectfortheSanctityofBlood - "Is God’s law violated by such medical use of blood? Is it wrong to sustain life by infusions of blood or plasma or red cells or the various blood fractions? Yes!"

So it violated God's law 600 months ago, but now it's a matter of conscience????????? I think I'll just stick with what Acts 15:28,29 says about 'abstaining'. Sometimes "men's traditions" invalidate the word of God.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

So my question to any of my brothers and sisters is this - did you know that (in certain people's minds) you are not classed as one of God's people?

I think there are alot of people that don't class me as one of God's people. It matters if God classes me as one. Romans 11:2

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ ucantnome

You are so right; but there are some who claim to be Christian, and yet contradict examples and teachings of the very word of God. Are they stupid, blind, or just plain hypocrites?

For instance Paul said to fellow Christians, " Not that we are the masters over YOUR faith, but we are fellow workers". Similarly, Jesus had told his apostles, " one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers."

Paul also said, " each of us will render an account for himself to God."

Therefore, Christ is our Leader, and he will judge us on our faith and our application of scriptures.

Genuine Christians have no excuses for being deceived - the Scriptural warnings are all there for them to read for themselves, regarding false teachers rising up in their congregations; (2 Peter 2:1) regarding false Anointed and false prophets; (Matthew 24:24) regarding false leaders who set themselves up as objects of reverence; (2 Thess. 2:4).

The list goes on and on........................and the internet (and the Watchtower CD ROM) is awash with information which genuine truth-seekers should examine.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

the 144,000 come out of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit