"the campaign" movie

by fakesmile 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

its showing down the street at 9. looks funny. ill let you know if its worth $8. pray i dont get shot.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

didnt get shot. but interestingly as i was walking in, a 16 or 17 yr old skinny kid working concesssion was asking some douch jock probably about 19yrs to stop leaning against his jeep. the jock waited till the guy went back to his station and went right back to leaning on this kids jeep. i think he was trying to floss someone elses ride, it was a clean jeep. he didnt realize i was paying attention. i said look dude, this kid takes pride in his ride, he asked you nicely now im TELLING you get off his car or ill put you to sleep. the look on this douches face was priceless when he saw my 220lb frame. hahaha. he relocated fast. the concession kid saw what i did...FREE POPCORN and LARGE DRINK. good karma.

movie sacrifices some comedy to make some good point about politics. some side splitting scenes but not everyones type of comedy. will farrell was SO convincingly dislikable.

• poppers
    poppers

Great story about the jeep - wish I had been there to see that. Yup, good karma, and good for you.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

thanks, it burns my butt to see someone be so blatently disrespectful to someone elses stuff. its was friday, and the kid was at work likely paying for the jeep. i dont like to bully but i love to watch a bully crumble. for everyone who has been picked on

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

this kid takes pride in his ride, he asked you nicely now im TELLING you get off his car or ill put you to sleep.

ah yes, threats of violence against someone just leaning on a car that isn't even yours. who was the bully in this story again?

• cedars
    cedars

I'm a big fan of Will Ferrell's stuff, so I'll probably end up watching this film regardless. Glad to hear there's a few laughs in it.

Cedars

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

possible i thought about that and you are right. however it was more like sticking up for someone who couldn't or wouldn't. clearly a purse snatcher is a bully but i wouldnt hesitate to intevene if i were in the position to do so. and as for leaning on someone elses car... go to a car meet and lean on a random car, you could get shanked. metal buttons on clothing can ruin a paint job and oil on hands can muddle a nice wax job.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It was a car. It wasn't yours, yet you thought threatening violence was the appropriate answer. You were the agressor and bully in that situation. In that situation, if you had said that to me, my answer would have been "Feel free to try". I don't respond well to bullies or threats.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

EntirelyPossible, So you're sticking up for the douchy jock that was scratching the working kids car?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i ran out of posts. entirely, you have a valid point. but billy sums it up, thanks. the guy was obviously telling the kid,"im bigger than you ill lean on you're car if i want to". i adjusted his attitude, its that simple. i know you were not there but the kid in the consession was a skinny, timid kid who was not prepared to handle the situation. his voice cracked as he thanked me. sounds like you have never had a vehichle that you were proud of. if so remember this post next time you walk out of a store and find a ding or scratch on your car, not that i hope it happens but it WILL happen. sorry i didnt lay out all the facts earlier if there were any confusion.

comments, debates? i am open

and cedars, if you like will farrell you will like this movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit