unanswerable questions

by outsmartthesystem 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

14. If Jehovah is " the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers" as Isaiah 44:26 tells us then why haven't Jehovah Witnesses words completely come true?

See how the Watchtower explains this here: http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/11/jehovah-god-is-the-grand-identifier-of-his-true-messengers/

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

15.What is the unforgivable sin?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There will always be questions and those loyal to the church will always have answers. It all boils down to authority. If the governing board of the JWs is the “faithful and discreet” servant, then the questions become irrelevant. And if it isn’t, the questions also are irrelevant. The only question the church needs to answer is to prove that it has the authority of God to manage His affairs on Earth. Daniel said the Kingdom would be a stone made without hands, which means that God creates and manages it — not men.

The WBTS claims to be this Kingdom. And they speak disdainfully of the “manmade” sects that are on Earth today. But how can they establish their own legitimacy? That’s my only question. If they can answer it satisfactory, then all those other questions go away. And if they can’t, hey, they can join the rest of Christendom. (And BTW, do they still use that term? Used to be that they used it to refer to false Christian sects, but I haven’t heard them use it lately.)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"There will always be questions and those loyal to the church will always have answers."

Yes, but what are the answers to those questions? And are they reasonable? If the answers are constantly, "we cannot understand Jehovah's justice" or "we must wait on Jehovah to see".........then hopefully after saying that 200 times.....a person may notice a problem. Notice I said "may".

• Heaven
    Heaven

If Jehovah is the Creator of all things then he created Evil as well. Why would he do that?

Why would Jehovah sanction adultery between Abraham and Hagar, especially when he had plans to allow Sarah to get pregnant later on?

If Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on the Earth, why was my Mother so miserable having such a wonderful hope and belief in Jehovah?

Why didn't Jesus abolish slavery?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit