unanswerable questions

by outsmartthesystem 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Hey all.....

I have decided to compile a list of questions that JWs simply cannot answer without opening up a vulnerability.....such as

1) If Jesus is only mediator for the 144,000 then who is the mediator for the rest of us?

2) Plasma is one of the four main components of blood and cannot be taken. But each "fraction" that makes up plasma can be accepted so long as they are accepted individually. Why?

3) In Acts 5:42 and Acts 20:20 the original Greek term "kata oikos" is rendered "house to house". Yet Acts 2:46 translates the same word as "in private homes". Why?

4) Can you show me an example in the scriptures of anyone that preached from house to house?

5) Why do JWs urge those they meet in the ministry to investigate their beliefs....after all....what have they got to lose if they have the truth? Yet the latest district convention had a part on it that said that witnesses who even secretly doubt the organization are "testing God in their hearts". Why hold those met in the ministry to a different standard than yourself?

6) If the Watchtower Society should not be held accountable for predictions that did not come true based on the "light getting brighter" argument, then why can't other religions who have made similar mistakes use the same excuse?

7) The March 22, 1993 Awake argues that Russell and Rutherford should not be viewed as false prophets because "never did they presume to originate predictions in the name of Jehovah". Yet for decades, the masthead of the Awake read "this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." The magazine tells the reader that it is the Creator's promise that this would happen. What is the difference between saying "In the name of Jehovah I predict...." and "it is the Creator's promise that...."?

8) Why were the Bible Students picked by Christ in 1919? Because they were providing "the right food at the proper time"? So if this "food" passed Jesus' inspection because it was proper, then shouldn't it still be considered proper today? If it passed His exam in 1919 why wouldn't it pass today?

9) If a teaching passed Jesus' exam in 1919 but that teaching is no longer taught today....does that mean that the new teaching would fail the exam by Jesus? If not, why not?

10) Is there a difference between "speculation" and "opinion"? If not, then why does the June 1, 1997 Watchtower say "modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class......prevents it from presumptously running ahead and wildly speculating about things".......while the yearbook of 1980 says regarding the failed predictions of 1925, "this was merely an expressed opinion"?

Please......add to this list! I want to make it as long as I can

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

11. If truth is really truth, how could it possibly change and still be called "the truth"?

12. If a foundation for a great building is cracked, moldy and broken can we honestly say that Jesus would proceed to build a skyscraper on it?

• rekless
    rekless

I have answered all those questions in a memoir ( The Dream Pushers: A Nightmare of Death, Lies, and Deceit ) I'm publishing soon.

By the way I use to be a regular here 2000-2008

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

13. How could one who is a child molestor or gross sinner prior, be appointed by Holy Spirit to a leadership position in a congregation or branch?

• Ding
    Ding

In presenting these questions to a JW, I think it's best to take them slowly -- one at a time.

Hitting them with several of them all at once overwhelms them and causes their thinking to shut down.

Also, presenting multiple questions allows them to ignore the toughest ones and pick the one they can BS through the best.

Which one is best?

I think it depends on the individual JW you're talking to.

Try to pick up clues to what might be nagging at them.

If you can't detect anything from them, then I'd say pick the one that you feel the most confident with.

I think the best approach is to tell them that this question really troubles you.

It doesn't come across like an attack.

Instead, they feel the need to solve your problem for you by coming up with a satisfactory answer rather than blowing it off.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Love it . . .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thought you might enjoy this; 'Ask your JW relatives the right questions' - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/182966/1/Ask-your-JW-relatives-the-RIGHT-QUESTIONS (posting from a mobile, could some kind soul make that clickable?)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Ding - i don't plan to bombard anyone with these questions. I'd just like to make the list as long as possible and then keep a copy of it. Then, for future reference, anyone that is trying to wake up a loved one from this cult can choose one or two questions from this scroll to ask that loved one to hopefully get their wheels turning. My goal is to make the list as broad as possible so that there is a topic that will hit home with just about anyone. (except my wife of course)

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Back Rekless!

I love seeing the questions. Hitting them with all of those at one time would be an over load but picking out one or two might just get them to think or at least get them off my damn porch!

• Yan Bibiyan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit