I MAY VERY WELL MEET RINGO STARR!

by Band on the Run 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's an exciting thought, BOTR. I hope it all works out for you.

BOTR,

I don't know what to say! My career gave me the opportunity to work a transaction with my favorite musician ever. But because it was a professional situation, I never asked for any autographs or even acknowledged knowing who he was. I told him I "thought I had heard of [his band]" before. I spent 4 hours with him and I got to see him perform an instrumental solo during my visit. He was a really nice guy who refused the fancy restaurant offer in favor of In N Out Burgerr. Oh wait, I'd better stop liking him, he likes In N Out, and aren't they a bunch of christians?

• LV101
    LV101

WOW&WOW --- Awesome! I'm jealous, too!

My husband meets celebs/famous people now and then (think Cary Grant was the 1st one he met many yrs. ago when first practicing) and I've met a few but meeting a Beatle would be at top of my list.

I'm not star struck but we went by a party one night (drop by had something else going on --- w/Siegfried/Roy performing in the backyard no less) and we left and just missed Elizabeth Taylor. At the time I didn't care too much but now have regrets.

I was face to face one time w/Michael Jackson --- OMG! I froze. He and his sister were shopping. He was beautiful at that time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you BOTR , I find it funny/curious how we get excited about meeting celebs,don`t get me wrong I`m no different,my wife & I met Julianne Armanante at the farmers market in L.A. about 18 mnths ago,and that was a buzz for us.I hope it works out for you.

smiddy

• Nambo
    Nambo

We get celebs where I work.

Last week Billy Idol of Generation X shook my hand after I had added some anecdotes to his tour without letting on I knew who he was.

Some months back I was outside alone having a fag when this fella comes out to smoke as well and we started chatting, I thought he looked like Fergal Sharky of the Undertones so I asked him if he was someone famous, he said No, then he said his name was Fergal, I asked him if he would sing Teenage Kicks for me but he replied he wouldnt, but we had a good chat together.

• cedars
    cedars

lol, I actually have a couple of original record singles of Ringo's from his brief stint as a solo artist (before Thomas the Tank Engine shunted his career into obscurity)!

I bet they'd be worth a fortune if you could get him to sign them. It's a shame, because it's unlikely I could get them to you in sufficient time.

Well done though bandontherun, that's a claim to fame!! Not everyone on this planet is able to say they've met (or will meet) a former Beatle.

Cedars

• Room 215
    Room 215

... I hope you place literature with him!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

BOTR, hope you get to meet him. That would be cool.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Let me know when you meet Paul instaed. Get a Beatles album and have him sign that.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NICE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit