Disowning letter from father to gay son

by CaptainSchmideo 20 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

A friend or mine posted this on Facebook (it has made the rounds on the net).

I didn't have the heart to tell her that this looks like a fairly typical letter from a JW to a disfellowshipped letter, often for things that would blow a normal person's mind (holidays, politics, marriage outside the cult, etc).

Letter

• Poztate
    Poztate

Dear Old Dad has to shun because of the requirements of a cult. He assumes this shunning will last until he dies and at his funeral his "son" may or may not attend and be that as it may. He has taken the high and noble road.... NOT

The reality is that before he dies he might well be stricken with cancer, heart disease or numerous other ailments.

He will turn to the congregation in his time of need only to be rebuffed...Do you not have a son that can help you they ask ???

He turns to his son in his hour of need and...... To be continued..

• Poztate
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

CaptainSchmideo- SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!

I wish for James that his father could separate from the dogmatic stance of the WTS and just love his son.

It's amazing how the father throws in about his funeral.

First shun then talk about how "if you choose not to attend my funeral everyone will understand'

• jamiebowers
  • Quendi
    Quendi

The “James Letter” was indeed written with a poison pen and it tore at my heart while reading it. It could have been written by a Witness, but we have no proof of this and I don’t want to draw that conclusion without it. We have seen in recent days that others besides Jehovah’s Witnesses want nothing to do with LGBT people, even if they are their own daughters and sons. Witnesses are not the first, last and only religion to consign any involved in a same-sex relationship or who wished for one to eternal damnation.

I can only hope that James has moved on. Five years have passed since his father sent this letter to him so maybe James has found comfort, solace and healing elsewhere. But I have to think that this father has wounded himself most of all. Will he come to his senses and rethink his stance? We can only hope so but if not, I would have to think that his deathbed will be a very remorseful one.

Quendi

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

A witness would not say "have a good birthday".

I further doubt they would write such a letter without throwing in a scripture or WT quote to mentally justify themselves.

- Lime

• Poztate
    Poztate

A witness would not say "have a good birthday".

Looks like not a witness then but sure did sound like one.

Thanks Jamiebowers for making my link clickable

• JeffT
    JeffT

How sad. It's the father's loss, I hope James has a great life.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I should have been clearer. It is NOT a letter from a Witness.

That being said, it sure nuff did sound identical to similar letters posted on this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit