Have you ever wondered why as Jehovah's Witnesses you ignored the inconsistencies, lies and hypocricies of the Watchtower's Governing Body for so long?

by matt2414 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

I think it was XJW David Reed who gave the following illustration. Suppose an arsonist contacts people in a high rise and tells them that a serial killer is on the loose and that he's very clever. He sets off fire alarms to lure people out of their apartments so he can shoot them. If they don't come out when the alarm sounds, he pretends to be a fireman or policeman and orders them out of the building in order to lure them into his sights. When the fire starts, the authorities are shocked that no one heeds the fire alarms. When they pound on doors to try to get people out, no one opens the door. When they try to force the doors open, some tenants start shooting at them. When other tenants hear the shots, they become thoroughly convinced that everything they were told about the serial killer is true.

How does this parable relate to JWs?

Think of how often the WTS stresses the following:

1. In order to prove worthiness to Jehovah, you must overcome Satan's constant loyalty tests and endure to the end.

2. To doubt the WT organization is to doubt Jehovah God and side with Satan in the cosmic sovereignty battle.

3. Your entry to paradise may be only a few days away as long as you don't waver in your dedication to Jehovah's organization.

4. Satan will use all sorts of clever sounding arguments to get you to doubt the truth.

5. The only way to defeat him is to refuse to even listen to anything that might challenge your faith in Jehovah and his organization.

As long as a JW even thinks this MIGHT be true, he or she will ignore a lot of warning signs and suppress a lot of doubts.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

As long as a JW even thinks this MIGHT be true, he or she will ignore a lot of warning signs and suppress a lot of doubts.

Exactly Ding. couldnt say it any better

• blondie
    blondie

Because I thought I was choosing the lesser of two evils. That though imperfect, the WTS was the least evil among all religions. But it took awhile before I realized I was still choosing evil. And I learned from an interesting source.

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
    Jerry Garcia

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jerrygarci158230.html#4YXC5KvmeJgO5JvG.99

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Ding said:

Here's to Moshe: sometimes all the WTBTS BS absolutely demands an equally-massive dosage of cold, hard truth to cut through the BS, to loosen the delusional thought processes...

Moshe basically read many JWs minds, laying it all out on the open for them to read. Sometimes when people see their "private" (or so they think) internal dialogues laid out by someone else, it starts to dawn on them that maybe they're NOT so unique, not so clever..... "Heyyyy, could it be that this is all a scam....."?

Blondie said:

Because I thought I was choosing the lesser of two evils. That though imperfect, the WTS was the least evil among all religions. But it took awhile before I realized I was still choosing evil.

I bet that's common, people thinking, "what else is there? Where would I go, if not here?"

• LV101
    LV101

I realized it was a bunch of garbage once I was on the inside and miserable and it was downhill for me. I'd read the mags (brainwashing) on/off for yrs. and liked the fantasy of this one, true, great, religion (OMG!) and didn't hang around long at all. It made me sick and when I felt good I had a life to lead/too busy.

• LV101
    LV101

Moshe --- love your post and it's so true about all the la la land promises/cheating death, etc.

I would love to mail copies to a few people/anonymously, of course.

I wanted my own Seaworld so bad/bummer --- and a cubby.

Lions and Tigers Forever!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about spiritism? They teach that "all forms of spiritism" are wrong. This includes hypnotism, the Ouija board, Tarot cards, power meditation, and attempts to communicate with the dead.

However, what is it every time someone prays to Jehovah or Jesus, or in Jesus' name? They are contributing psychic energy to the Worldwide Council of Churches. Which is a form of spiritism. Good spiritism? What good ever resulted from that? And what is so evil if I manage to get some significant good from hypnosis? Also, it's a form of hypnotism to attend boasting sessions where you are bored stiff, and they lead you to do things you otherwise wouldn't have done.

Speaking of churches, wasn't the membership in the Worldwide Council of Churches enough? Or the UN, which is the giveaway? You separate yourself from other Christian denominations and bash these organizations, yet you conform to them. To me, that is blatant. And related to this, why do they act Pharisaic Jewish in so many ways? Isn't the religion supposed to be the only true CHRISTIAN religion? Where does any of the littera-trash mention that they blend Jewish principles with Christian? Even while I was going in, I was wondering whether I was going into a Jewish or a Christian religion--without the psychic manipulation pulled by the witlesses, that should have been enough. They claim to be fully Christian, and when I ask about Judaism they only say that it WAS once the truth but was abandoned because they rejected Jesus. Something doesn't add up. And add that they do reject Jesus (and Astaroth) at their REJECT Jesus/Astaroth Party, one has to wonder.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ding!Ding!Ding!!! I just heard a bell ring, Ding!!!

The 5 reasons- very true,

And Blondie-choosing the lesser of evils!!! Yes, exactly. Great Jerry Garcia quote!

I'm not going to kick myself about ignoring the inconsistencies, lies, and hypocrisy of the WTS /GB.

It's over and done.

I woke up. There's still time.

And if I start to kick, I will remind myself that Ray Franz was on the GB for 9 years. He saw first hand.

• Etude
    Etude

Why did I ignore the inconsistencies? Because I was hooked on their emotional jollies. Like many people, I was emotionally vulnerable along with being 16 years old and somewhat naive. I think that like many others, I felt a displacement in my time and with the older generation. The JWs presented something different and a very accomodating support group to feed my emotional teenage state. To this day, I still miss the fellowship. I wouldn't take a million dollars in exchange for any of that experience. But, I would give a damn penny for any of it now.

• mP
    mP

When i was a kid and went to church i thought Ouija boards were hundreds if not thousands of years old, and then i chekced that they were invented in the last 19th century. Somehow i thought htese things had been around in some equivalent form since even the times of Moses albeit they were not manufactured but homemade or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit