CURIOSITY HAS TOUCHED DOWN ON MARS!!!

by Quendi 68 Replies latest social current

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Could they have spent the money helping ones on earth? Seems like a waste, though the knowledge this will provide will be interesting.

• glenster
    glenster

Oh, and did you realize your PC, your smart phone, your tv and your appliances are all ancillary results of the space program?

No space program, no Vice City. This would be unthinkable.

• ballistic
    ballistic

i can't post pictures guys, but wanted to tell you about a new conspiracy; when demonstrating the "chem cam" on curiosity - this is the picture it showed, definately a link here between Mars and Pyramidology. ;)

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/qm501dea12.jpg

• Glander
    Glander

To those of you who equate the mars money with how many starving people could be fed.

Sounds good, but billions are wasted annually on feel good programs to feed the starving that do nothing but finance corrupt governments and warlords. If that little problem could be solved then the world could be fed for less that is being spent now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Please take the time to read the article and you will find things such as this:

I know Ohiocowboy not disagreeing with you there.

I wonder though what 6 billion dollars and ten years of labor coud have accomplished in some the many of the poorest and desperate

countries in the world ?

Just saying

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

No space program, no web boards to get snarky on...

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

" wonder though what 6 billion dollars and ten years of labor coud have accomplished in some the many of the poorest and desperate "

Dunno, let's see what's going on in Afghanistan....Whoops!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I feel that there is going to be a day in the future when Humanity will wonder why we didn't spend a lot more than 6 billion dollars to study and find a possible new human habitat, especially if, Buddah forbid, an asteroid or other calamity destroyed or severely damaged our planet. I doubt that Curiosity is a waste of money, and would be willing to bet that it is being/will be used for things that we do not even know about yet that will further our knowledge and understanding of not only Mars, but space in general. Curiosity is more than a camera sent to Mars to take pictures of a few pretty rocks!-lol

Cheers

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Curiosity is more than a camera sent to Mars to take pictures of a few pretty rocks

Of course its a advanced technical piece of machinery from the last rover, with the intension of investigating what they find there.

But as I mentioned before what if they find nothing substantially more important than the last rover ?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Finkeltein, I can pick up a rock here on earth and learn something. Of course they will find out substantially more about Mars than they did before. One might as well question the value of the space telescope.

Now, one might ask what our current society marks as valuable information....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit