Who Exactly Answers Your Letter When You Write the Society?

by millie210 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"They don't care."

Just to clarify...

They don't care if you write in to correct their absurd views or if you complain that the elders are ripping off the elderly in your congregation.

They DO care if you send them evidence that the local congregation isn't sending all the money that is put in the WWW contribution box.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL So right Billy!!! The CO does an audit of the accounts!!!

Billy has discovered how to get rid of Pedophiles in the BORG!!!! Acuse them of "sticky fingers" in the contribution box instead of Pedophilia!!!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe they are incapable, on many levels, of answering most of the letters sent.

They probably do try to prioritise the most sycophantic, self-serving and easiest to the top of the pile.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

MegaHAL chatbot.

They just feed your questions into it and then forward what pops out.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Billy,

I worked for the NJ Civil Liberties Union in early college. We were told not to give legal advise. Only people admitted to the bar can do so. The college students did not quite hear the rule. There was a dead category for very sad letters. People believe the ACLU can solve anything. There were a lot of letters from mental patients. People who believed they suffered cancer from secret U.S. govt waves broadcast on TV stations. If you read one of these letters, you would be upset for days.

Now they just refer people to another organization that will reject them. There is a lot of correspondence from prisoners.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

They have a set of three-ring binders with form responsies to "freqently asked questions."

They have low-level clerks who answer most questions.

They don't answer all mail.

They're consistently rude, especially if you put them on the spot.

Their usual answer is 'no.'

They take weeks to answer, sometimes months.

They don't care about you or your question. They often don't read all of your letter. If they answer at all it will be the most basic of your questions. They can't handle more than one simple question at a time.

It's a waste of time to write.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I wrote two letters and received responses to each point that I made. A friend of mine as well.

I have no idea why though

• millie210
    millie210

I am glad that you got answers confusedandalone.

I just wish I knew how to break through the glass ceiling of the "form letter" people and get a letter read a bit higher up.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Lol at Old Goat's insight.

I wrote at one point, never got an answer....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am fairly certain that I wrote a letter in high school or early college. No acknowledgment. The female Bethelite lawyer never answered my nice note.

When I was in agony from pain, I started to get ideas that if I sneaked out of my apt. and took the subway to Brooklyn, they might take the pain away. I told my mom and she cried. Part of me understand their view. If I were a public official, I would not correspond with hate mail. They will be much more remote in Walkill. No easy subway rides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit