Shooting @ Sikh Temple: 7 Dead

by mind blown 26 Replies latest jw friends

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Diest said:

The Sikhs need some sort of advertising campagin like the Mormons. "I am not Muslim." They keep getting attacked even though they are not from the same area as most of Islam and dont hold the same beliefs.

I'm guessing most skinheads didn't pay attention in 3rd grade geography, since India is at least 2,000 mi from Saudi Arabia. They're not going to be persuaded by a TV ad.

Besides, bigots don't care about differentiating: to them, one foreigner who wraps their head with a cloth is just as guilty as any another (skinheads aren't exactly persuaded by logic and common-sense, or they wouldn't BE skinhead neo-Nazis, right?)

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    The Sikhs need some sort of advertising campagin like the Mormons. "I am not Muslim." They keep getting attacked even though they are not from the same area as most of Islam and dont hold the same beliefs.
    I'm guessing most skinheads didn't pay attention in 3rd grade geography, since India is at least 2,000 mi from Saudi Arabia.

I'm guessing you need a geography lesson too, since between Pakistan and India there are some 350 million Muslims.

However, I concur with Glander, the Sikh religion has very little in common with Islam. Their religion seems admirable in its tolerance and respect for others.

This is their holy text:

http://www.sikhs.org/english/frame.html

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent.

• Diest
    Diest

I know that there is a large muslim population in India. I am more thinking about the confusion of the keffiyeh and the sikh dastar. If I see the two on the street I can tell the difference.

In the US I dont know any Muslim men that cover their head in a non-western style, but the few Sikhs I have met always have their dastar on and it is always on tight.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Terrible incident. I have a Sikh girlfriend. The Sikhs ame about as a reaction to the intolerance and cruelty of the Muslim religion. They are a proud and independent people and are sensitive to injustice. The ritual dagger they carry is a symbol of their willingness to defend themselves.

• mind blown
    mind blown

They may be called End Apathy, but they are a pathetic group of angry guys. Neo Nazi also use brain washing to induce followers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A96zd-hps&feature=related

Page was reportedly a member of a neo-Nazi band called "End Apathy," and served in the U.S. Army from 1992-1998. He was given a less than honorable discharge for unknown reasons. There is no record of him receiving special weapons training during his time in the military.

End Apathy Myspace Photos (LIVE BLOG BELOW):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/officer-brian-murphy-ambushed-wade-michael-page_n_1747585.html#slide=1335064

• King Solomon
    King Solomon
    I'm guessing most skinheads didn't pay attention in 3rd grade geography, since India is at least 2,000 mi from Saudi Arabia.

I'm guessing you need a geography lesson too, since between Pakistan and India there are some 350 million Muslims.

Maybe you overlooked the 9/11 reference (hence the mistaken identity comment both I and someone else made), wherein the majority of hijackers of the planes on 9/11 actually were Islamists from Saudi Arabia?

While Sikhs are distributed worldwide, adherents mostly are found in India. Hence why the Indian consulate was highly involved in the wake of this incident.

Diest said:

I know that there is a large muslim population in India. I am more thinking about the confusion of the keffiyeh and the sikh dastar. If I see the two on the street I can tell the difference.

In the US I dont know any Muslim men that cover their head in a non-western style, but the few Sikhs I have met always have their dastar on and it is always on tight.

Yeah, but do you think a Neo-Nazi cares a whit about the difference?

• Glander
    Glander

As the story has developed, it was a "skinhead" who apparently was too full of hate to care who he killed . A mad dog. Now dead. One down, how many more to go...?

The reason Sikh males wear a head wrap is to control their head and beard hair which they never cut.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Let's not forget that while we are calling this guy out for being in an angry band that was against tyranny and apathy, a racist and a skinhead - he was also a decorated US veteran who was given awards for his humanitarian efforts and was part of the US psy-ops for years. The police have YET to state the motive for the shooting - sammieswife

• Glander
    Glander

Good point, Sammie.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Let's not forget that while we are calling this guy out for being in an angry band that was against tyranny and apathy, a racist and a skinhead - he was also a decorated US veteran who was given awards for his humanitarian efforts and was part of the US psy-ops for years. The police have YET to state the motive for the shooting - sammieswife

I thought he was dishonorably discharged?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit