Shooting @ Sikh Temple: 7 Dead

by mind blown 26 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
  • Diest
    Diest

Saying someone was in the army so dont judege them or they go to church every sunday doesnt mean much anymore. People from all types of backgrounds do terrible things and wonderfull things.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan killed his fellow soldiers, while Jon Blunk who was in the Navy jumped in front of his girlfriend to save her life durning the Aurora shooting. The military didnt make men bad or good. Usually it was the man who was bad or good to begin with.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Trained but never deployed, less than honorable discharge for "patterns of misconduct". Unable to re-enlist.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/08/06/158192299/at-sikh-temple-leader-attacked-gunman-died-trying-to-protect-others

Police have told him, Kaleka said, that Satwant Singh Kaleka "attacked the intruder or the shooter in the lobby [of the temple] after gunshots were fired." The elder Kaleka used a knife, authorities have told the son. Blood trails, said Amar Deep Kaleka, indicate that the gunman was "slowed ... enough so that other people could get to safety."

"It's ... exactly who he was," Amar Deep Kaleka said. "There was no way on God's green earth that he would allow" the gunman to attack those at the temple without being challenged.

It is too bad Satwant Singh Kaleka wasn't properly armed. He could've made more of a difference. Observant Sikhs carry a small sword, and the name Singh means Lion.

• Diest
    Diest

True BTS. You either have to have a society where almost no one has guns, or one where everyone has guns. I lean more in favor of no one, but since that is not possible in the US, I guess most people need them.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The shooter was finally stopped, by a gun of all things. I guess they are useful for something.

• jws
    jws

It is too bad Satwant Singh Kaleka wasn't properly armed. He could've made more of a difference.

It's too bad Wade Michael Page was allowed to have a gun. If he had a knife, he would have killed a lot fewer people. If any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit