Tramadol ???

by tresdecu 14 Replies latest social physical

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Hey gang, didn't know what topic to put this under. Anyway, long story short. My doc just prescribed me a pain drug for a back injury, called Tramadol. He described it as "sythetic" vicodin (damn, just give me real vicodin) anyway, I was just curious if any of you have experience with it. The doc said it doesn't give you the loopy feeling of a real opiate pain killer, but in his opinion it works good.

I was going to wait until after dinner to try it, just in case it makes me dizzy...I can just hop in the sack.

I know I can google it too, which I will. But it's always nice to get the opinions of my fellow JWD'ers. Thanks!

TD

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It is very mild without the strong effects of other pain drugs.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

For muscular pain it's good and you can function using it. Drug seekers don't like it unless it's abused you don't get the drugged out high.

Hope it helps your back

FS

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks...looks like what you told me was right! Not the same happy buzz that comes with vicodin. But I did feel good, and it worked pretty good for the pain.

• Terry
    Terry

I recently took it for about 3 days because of an exposed nerve.

It worked okay but my "withdrawl" gave me flue symptoms, a headache, nasty dizzyness and malaise.

I don't know what was worse, the exposed nerve pain or the withdrawl from the Tramadol.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I always have Tramadol on hand, but I don't usually take it. It doesn't make me loopy, but it makes me very, very tired. I sleep a lot. And I just don't find it effective on the pain it has been prescribed for. Also, I feel kind of depressed on it, and that lasts even after it has warn off. I never feel right. I know others get a lot of relief. I can't take Tylenol (because of a drug interaction) so they don't give me Vicoden. And sometimes they give me just oxycodone, but that makes me itch.

Generally I just deal with pain, and when it gets too bad, I take ibuprofen. It doesn't wipe me out like Tramadol, and seems to work better for me. But then most of what I go through is not 'nervy'. I'd probably take just about anything for that kind of pain, and only really experienced it with a botched root canal some years ago. Even percoset and drip morphine didn't help that f**ker. Long story--total nightmare. Most root canals don't lead to two emergency room visits!

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods

I always post caution about "pain drugs" because I lost a very close friend (lady friend with privilidges) due to addiction to oxycodon.

We do not know if it was suicide or accidental - but I do not really know the difference, (given her circumstances).

Take care,

James

• Glander
    Glander

Are oxycodon and oxycontin the same thing?

I have had very painful eye surgery several times and long ago found I would rather deal with the pain rather than the nausea, sleepyness and depression of any codene based drug.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Are oxycodon and oxycontin the same thing?

I have a hard time understanding the differences, because they are very similar. So I googled---oxycontin is time released, oxycodon is not.There is more, but you'll have to search out the info---for some reason I can't paste a link right now.

It's never been a big deal when I was prescribed oxycodone---but when my brother was prescribed oxycontin after his leg was amputated, they made him sign a form promising to tell NO ONE he was taking it. Not friends, strangers etc. Because it gets stolen even from those closest to you. Of course I knew, because I helped with his care. But they really made a big deal about it.

NC

• minimus
    minimus

All drugs are good when used properly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit