Top 10 EASIEST WAYS TO FADE....lets use our new Code words ( I will do 2 of 10 )

by dreamgolfer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

Move and if you can't, too depressed.

• silent3
    silent3

My old username was silent and so here I am again.

I'm going back and reading some of my old posts. This one is from 8 years ago and I quote:

I'm just sad that I can't worship Jehovah without all the other B.S. that gets in the way. I think underneath the facade that the WTBTS presents Jehovah as, he's a really loving, caring, considerate God and I'd really like to just visit with him personally. I think a chat with him would expose so much of the hurtful rules that are foisted upon us and makes us hurt inside so much. If you really love someone, you don't make up rules that hurt them and tears them down - making them want to kill themselves as was the case with me for so many years. I've had to fade for my own survival because wanting to die is not a product of a healthy religion.

======

It's been amazing to me go through and see where I was mentally and emotionally over the years. I had a nice visit with my Mom yesterday and it was such a soul-stirring visit about the depths of Jehovah's love. Over the years, all I had experienced was teasing from others about my religion. Saying no to this, no to that, and overall and it created within me an extremely negative spirit. I had nobody I could speak honestly to about these things and it just welled up inside. It's part of a healing process I'm going through now to try and make sense of everything.

I've really struggled with some of things the faithful and discreet slave would say like in matters about attending secondary education. It's a hard pill to swallow because you know the hardships it can cause to work low-paying jobs, but I have to say that compared to the things I remember reading about when I was a kid versus now, things seem to be a bit more upbeat. When you aren't in your right mind and have had your mind affected by the taking of anti-depressants, there are severe after-effects in your thought process. I'm actually quite shocked at some of the stuff I posted - it was never out and out against Jehovah, the Bible, or FDS, but it certainly was called into question. Intense emotional pain will do that to a person.

Where I once had poised a serious question about how the FDS portray's Jehovah, based upon what I've been reading, he is really the epitome of love and it should behoove any of us to look into things a bit closer.

Thanks Mom.

silent

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all these old threads resurrected shows just how many regular contributors have long gone.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

2. Stop going to meetings because you:__think you have a rash__.

2. Stop going to meetings because you:__are on a low stupidity diet__.

2. Stop going to meetings because you:__feel the wine selection is sub-par__.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

3. Stop going to meetings because you:__compulsively repeat yourself__.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

4. Stop going to meetings because you:__compulsively repeat yourself__.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

5. Stop going to meetings because you:__compulsively repeat yourself__.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit