Nice 1975 quote from F Franz, in 1975

by Splash 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The 1975 fiasco was the highlight event which eventually lend me to really question what the WTS. was all about.

After seeing and hearing about two JWS killing themselves around this time and hearing about how people were not marring or having children

because the end was so soon. A light went off in my head that something was terribly wrong with this organization.

That being it wasn't what it was portraying itself to be. !

The reality was the WTS. was a devious religious publishing house and it was manipulating and coercively exploiting people's fears and insecurities

for the sake of proliferating the organization's own published goods.

It was a deliberate but cunning corrupt scam fronted upon religious virtue and honesty, which cultivated both power and wealth to the leaders of

this organization.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Leaving WT: I LOVE that JPG !

• willyloman
    willyloman

That 1914 "anchor date" appears to be drifting out to sea, soon to be gone forever.

That's how these guys operate: First they tout a date as significant. Then when it becomes obsolete, they come up with a convoluted explanation of how it really was significant, just not in the way "some believers" once taught. Later, it becomes a historical footnote, as in: "Bible students at one time thought... but now we see... evidently... blah blah blah."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

New Light = bullshit to cover over previous bullshit, this is how God wants his chosen organization to work.

A marketing strategy guised and presented as if it was spiritually channeled from god himself.

How can you lose, particularly if you try to question doctrines, you are muzzled, expelled and demonised.

Power becomes weakly redundant if you don't have mechanisms to maintain that established power of which you acquired.

• Etude
    Etude

Wow, it just dawned on me that I heard him make that same speech at the Gilead class graduation in 1974 at the Sunny Side Assembly Hall in Queens, NY. When I hear other people say the Witnesses did not say Armageddon was coming soon, that speech always comes to mind. The place was packed. As a "new boy", I didn't have a seat and had to stand in the back of the auditorium. I felt so privileged then -- and dumb.

Etude.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He stressed that, according to dependable Bible chronology, 6,000 years of human history will end this coming September.

This was a ball park home run of a lie, that he conjured up maybe even by reviewing past WTS. doctrines, as this was done once before

at the turn of the century during Russell's era.

Franz might have reviewed this in the past publications of the WTS, and said why not do it again.

Any honest well studied bible theologian will say that the bible can not possibly be used as an accurate calculable measure of historical

time measurement.

Even more laughable when Franz came up with October of 1975 .

Well maybe a devious religious charlatan running a publishing house might openly perceive this.

• Splash
    Splash

Found another, largely unreferenced, quote pertaining to 1975:

If you lived during all this hype, what would you think this means "in terms of real freedom and liberation from God's viewpoint"?

*** w72 8/1 pp. 462-463 par. 2 Cooperating Fully with God’s Appointed Ones ***

2 It is not our purpose to discuss chronology here, yet feel free to ask any of Jehovah’s witnesses to show you from the Scriptures the evidence that we are just a few short years away from the completion of six thousand years of man’s existence on earth, and ask them what they think this means in terms of real freedom and liberation from God’s viewpoint. They will be happy to share this information with you.

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Stupid is as stupid does:

ka chap. 11 p. 187 par. 6 "Here Is the Bridegroom!"

According to the Bible chronology that was thereafter adopted, the six thousand years of man’s existence on the earth ended in the year 1872 but the Lord Jesus did not come at the end of those six millenniums of human existence, rather, at the start of the antitypical Jubilee in October of 1874. The year 1874 was calculated as being the end of six millenniums of sin among mankind. From this latter date mankind was understood to be in the seventh millennium.—Revelation 20:4.

"...Whatever time elapsed between Adam's creation and the end of the 'sixth day' must be subtracted from the 5,988 years in order to give the actual length of time from the beginning of the 'seventh day' until now. It does no good to use Bible chronology for speculating on dates that are still future in the stream of time." (All Scripture is inspired of God and Beneficial, 1963, page 286)

"According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E Six thousand years of man's existence on earth will soon be up, yea within this generation. The rein of Christ...to run parallel with the 7th millennium ..." (Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, p. 29-30)

jv chap. 28 p. 633 Testing and Sifting From Within ***

Following 1925, meeting attendance dropped dramatically

in some congregations in France and Switzerland. Again, in 1975, there was disappointment when expectations regarding the start of the Millennium failed to materialize. As a result, some withdrew from the organization"

"This organization has NEVER disappointed us and always gives us an abundance of pure water of truth from God´s Word". --- W 7-15-2011

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• pixel
    pixel

Nice quotes. Studid Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit