New article: "The Girl Who Took On The Watchtower - Candace Conti Speaks Out"

by cedars 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

In light of the latest videos to be released featuring Candace Conti and Rick Simons, I have decided to publish a new blog article on the link below:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-girl-who-took-on-the-watchtower-candace-conti-speaks-out

For the most part, I've written this article because I found much of what Candace and Rick had to say intriguing to say the least. However, I'm also given to understand that Rick Simons would appreciate as much exposure for this case as possible, so I believe it's important to do my small part by writing about new developments as they arise.

I personally particularly enjoyed hearing Rick Simons' take on things as a non-Witness (or outsider), so I have given extensive attention to his comments. I also noted that some of his comments seemed particularly aimed at the claims made in the Watchtower's appeal, namely that the case was aimed solely at changing Watchtower policy. Simons explicitly states that this was not the aim at all. Rather, it was to highlight the Watchtower's failings in neglecting their duty to protect children under their care in full compliance with the law.

Some of you may also be interested to read some comments made by Anthony Morris III (my favorite bumbling villain!) in a talk given back in 2005. He accused apostates of spreading "despicable lies" concerning child abuse, and claimed that when someone is genuinely guilty of child abuse, this is "handled" properly. If you're interested in hearing Anthony's comments about apostates in full, these are downloadable as an mp3 on the blog article. You might be interested to hear his thoughts that apostates are children of Satan! He also lambasts Silentlambs in the recording.

Anyway - as always I would very much appreciate your feedback on the article if there is anything that is incorrect or might prove "stumbling" to a JW reader. I will be contacting Rick Simons to ensure that the material meets with his approval just to make sure, although I have advanced permission to use the material presented in the videos as I see fit. Nevertheless, I will make any adjustments he deems necessary, and I would also appreciate your input.

(As always, if you haven't yet taken the 2012 JW Survey, please do so!)

Cedars

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

While reading your article i thought about that scripture in exodus that talks about having a bull that is in the habit of goring.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Thanks for writing the article. Something that has angered me was reading how the WT attorney addressed most Witnesses: "Simons also expressed his bemusement at the repeated attempts to shrug off the case with the assertion made by the Watchtower attorneys that Kendrick was “just a rank and file member”." Just a rank-and-file. It's always great to be appreciated by people. I hope they choke on their arrogance, so much for brotherly affection. Let them all drown in their hypocrisy!

Even a friend of mine, who is not a Witness made a remark about that when I showed him an article in the Huffington Post.

• DT
    DT

Great article.

I found one small part to be confusing. You have a section tiled "Not About Changing Policy". My understanding is that the case wasn't about changing beliefs or doctrines, but that the policies were at issue and that changing them them was one of the motivations for this case.

• cedars
    cedars

Hello DT, thanks for highlighting that. I'll try to make that part clearer. Well spotted!!

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Where is the hand coming from on Anthony Morris' shoulder? Freaky!

• cedars
    cedars

I suspect it might be Elderelite, but I can't be certain!

Those Thor worshippers can be treacherous, you know.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Well Done! ( I love the hand on the shoulder- KEEP IT !)

• cedars
    cedars

I think I will keep it in, it's kind of endearing! Besides, Anthony needs all the support he can get at the moment!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit