Seen on the ground at a relatives' house...

by Jim_TX 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

150 miles is a bit far, especially by British standards.. Around here the local dubs were questioning the value of the leaflets for a Convention 20 or 30 miles away???

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Outlaw: " Driving 2 hrs to bring a pamphlet here makes no sense.."

Actually, it makes perfect sense if you were a JW like me. Two hours driving in the car, listening to my tunes? That was a month of FS for me!

I received one of the invitations last week, too. Did you see where they had a picture of the two teenagers in the drama? The caption was something about a "live play" being performed. They mentioned "live play" twice in the copy. I guess they know they have their own language and that no one would know what a drama was. Also, has anyone been to a play that wasn't live?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    JakeM2012 - San Antonio was sweat. Riverwalk, resturants, ambiance, fun,...

Yeah... I remember when they used to have the assemblies in the Convention Center Arena. It has been a while (1968?), but I believe that they had them there for a few years in a row. Alas, the Arena is no more...

(Of course... I also remember the Inter Assys in the AstroDome in Houston... that's how old I am...)

• yknot
    yknot

The astrodome was my DC HOME !!!

I wasn't too impressed with the Merrell Center (Katy)turn out.....but it was easier to get to than Berry Center (Barker)

But back to Belton....the mad dash to Luby's in Temple was INSANE before the brownbag 'encouragement'. At least they usually have some event going on in the arena next to the main building.....rows of dubbie kids watching the quarterhorses.

I drove around the old DC area of SA recently.....so much has changed.

LOL....I know some JWs who ditch the second half of the first day of CA to go to Sea World......'Jehovah's provision'

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

@Jake m 2012, Wow, Coinyavitch, (sp?) what a blast from the past. He was my CO in the mid 70's. I worked with them in FS and they ate lunch at our house. Hubby and I were reg. pios. at that time so we were in their good graces. Still, I couldn't help but notice how SR they both were. I didn't like how I acted when I was around them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit