Best British Bands

by outsmartthesystem 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Nambo
    Nambo

1 John Mayalls Bluesbreakers

2 Fleetwood mac (When they where a British band, not the later American pop band).

3 Thin Lizzy before they bacame a pop/rock band

4 Duster Bennett with Stella Sutton

5 Muse

6 Black Sabboth

7 Led Zeppelin

8 The Groundhogs

9 The Stranglers

10 X-Ray Specs

• Twitch
    Twitch

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

• Nambo
    Nambo

Goodness!, I forgot about SAHB, they where my Favourite band in the early 70s, the first concert I went to, I was 16, I asked for my first date, (refused so I gave up with women after that and took my mate instead), was to see the Sensational Alex Harvey band play at Hammersmith Odeon and turned out to be the concert they recorded for their Live album.

Years later, after Alex had died, went to see them in a pub across the road from where I had worked, how the mighty had fallen.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, good stuff, eclectic and original.

I dialed into them after hearing them do an awesome cover of "Shakin' All Over". It was recorded after their 1977 tour of Mars I think...

There were/are so many great british bands.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm not gonna mention the 'biggies' that are already here, but I thought T.Rex was the bomb (Marc Bolan , ahh) and The Babies blew me away.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and what about Flo and Eddie? Ground-breaking early rockers aka The Turtles!

and another personal favorite from the 80s ------ 10cc, featuring the amazing songwriting team of Godley and Creme.

:)

"Load up, load up, load up

With rubber bullets!"

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit