New Light on Blood Fractions

by The Searcher 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From the HLC - NOT a letter from HQ - why not? It is felt that because people don't know what to accept and what to say 'no' to, brothers and sisters are saying 'no' to everythying, and this is just wrong! They want brothers to know that not only is blood sacred, but also life is sacred. The implication is, that if you say no to fractions, you could be viewing life as not sacred, and that if you do not have a good reason that you can explain, you should not say 'no' to things. And they are no longer using the term "blood fractions" - they are to be called "blood derivatives", because the substance is so small. Whatever happened to Leviticus 17:13? Oh I'm sorry - I forgot that it said that if in the future you found a part of blood which was useful to you, just take it it out, then pour the rest of the blood out on to the dust!! Silly me, not taking into account man's technology and wisdom!! (as well as the warning at 2Thess. 2:4) "Test the insired expression to see if it originates with God".

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From the HLC - NOT a letter from HQ - why not? It is felt that because people don't know what to accept and what to say 'no' to, brothers and sisters are saying 'no' to everything, and this is just wrong! They want brothers to know that not only is blood sacred, but also life is sacred. The implication is, that if you say no to fractions, you could be viewing life as not sacred, and that if you do not have a good reason that you can explain, you should not say 'no' to things. And they are no longer using the term "blood fractions" - they are to be called "blood derivatives", because the substance is so small. Whatever happened to Leviticus 17:13? Oh I'm sorry - I forgot that it said that if in the future you found a part of blood which was useful to you, just take it it out, then pour the rest of the blood out on to the dust!! Silly me, not taking into account man's technology and wisdom!! (as well as the warning at 2Thess. 2:4) "Test the insired expression to see if it originates with God".

• besty
    besty
    if you do not have a good reason that you can explain, you should not say 'no' to things.

What is the biblical basis for the blood fraction policy?

I asked that to an HLC committee member and he rolled his eyes upwards.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, the term "derivatives" seems to help in further distinguishing these fractions from blood. But the major components "so-called" must not be distinguished.

• JWOP
    JWOP

I'd still like to hear them explain why whole white blood cells are forbidden, even though whole white blood cells are exchanged between mother and baby during breastfeeding.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

To repeat an illustration I once submitted - Is it OK for a Christian to accept the lovely steering wheel from a stolen Ferrari? How can scriptures to abstain from blood be ignored by accepting fractions?

Would 'fractions' or 'derivatives' of fornication be viewed by Jehovah as "a matter of conscience"?

"New Scrolls" were a corrupt and demon-inspired invention back in the 80s - likewise, this new tradition of "blood fractions" invalidates God' Word.

Brothers & sisters - Test the 'inspired' expression to see from where they originate. That way, you will be prepared for what is really coming - not what you've been told is coming!! (2 Thess. 2:4; 1 Peter 4:17; Rev. 2:21,22)

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

I posted a thread recently saying the same thing after I heard about HLC meeting held locally. Interesting that it seems that the same meeting is being held all over the place with the same outline.

• james_woods
    james_woods

To repeat an illustration I once submitted - Is it OK for a Christian to accept the lovely steering wheel from a stolen Ferrari?

Allow me to comment on that - no, that is a mandatory life sentence from the Ferrari Club of America - and a capital offense in Italy.

It is against the law in Italy to create a kit car and then put a Ferrari badge on it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Besty

In the Aug 2006 Awake It states that scince blood fractions are not mentioned in the bible

it's a conscience choice, clearly there wasn't any basis

• james_woods
    james_woods
    In the Aug 2006 Awake It states that scince blood fractions are not mentioned in the bible
    it's a conscience choice, clearly there wasn't any basis

Well, then logic would follow that since blood TRANSFUSIONS are not mentioned in the bible - clearly that too is a conscience choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit