for those of you with family members still in...

by rather be in hades 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

how badly do you want to see the org die?

would you work actively towards the end of the watchtower society even with family members still in it?

have any of you initiated the shunning for your own piece of mind?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I would love to see it end. If it ends, I hope the people inside actually escape the JW mentality and throw it away.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

maybe it's becase i;m hungry and grumpy, bt there's a few people i want to see crash and burn with the ship. at least right now

i wish i could help anonymous expose the wtbts for what it really is.

did you have to back away from people/family members you knew when leaving?

• david jones
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Even if the WT$ went up in smoke tomorrow my relatives would still avoid me due to the embarassament they would feel for the way they have treated hubby and me. As far as I'm concerned the Borg is just where they belong. However, I do know some very sweet JWs who deserve be free of their enslavement. For them (and others like them) and for all the innocent children who have no choice, i want the whole organization to fold.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

david jones: i believe you need google chrome or firefox to post? or some sort of compatibility mode for ie. not too sre, hopefully someone who knows better can point you in the right direction, but would love to see your response.

3rdgen: nicely put. i tend to think about the kids, many of whom will go through what we all went through. there's some real aholes i'd fly allllllll the way back to california to rub it in their faces lol. i know what they say about revenge bt...

• Emery
    Emery

I honestly do not see the WTS dying anytime soon. I do hope it receives heavy embarassment similar to Penn State to the point of losing their God-like reverence. I see them existing past my life time and if the world hasnt ended in some kind of zombie apocalypse..then I see them becoming irrevelant by the end of this century.

No matter what I say, the Faithful Slave has the last word, which is why I do not work actively against them.

My parents are pretty much out of the organization already but for reasons not dealing with the organization itself (divorce). I have started hanging out less and less with my usual friends to fade away completely. It is very sad as they call up and ask what I am up to and doing that day, but I know it's for the best.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

how about if the organization was caught in some really heavy criminal activity? i can't see how it can live past something like the organization being strung up on tax evasionor some other awful devastating crime. something that encompases the entire cult worldwide.

how are you handling the fade away emery?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't have any bate for any members. Even the a-hole C.O. that I dealt with is a victim of the dangerous mind-control cult.

I would love to see it destroyed ASAP. I imagine the lawyers and accountants fleeing to some island country where the last millions were already squirreled away.

I would be happy to join any effort to help remaining members to cope and come to reality.

To avoid the shunning and to seek personal peace, I don't actively work toward the end of WTS. I feel that protesting just feeds their persecution complex.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Should read "hate" in first sentence, not "bate."
    Damn these auto-corrections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit