The Way Things are, Not How You'd Like Them To Be

by AllTimeJeff 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dam you Jeff!..

You used to Belong to US!

Your were Tempted by the Outside World..

With KFC and Cold Beer..

KFC and Cold Beer is..

Satan`s Favorite Meal!..

http://i.imgur.com/ZoFos.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Stop making so much sense, Sauerkraut. :)

King Solomon I promise, I won't be making sense for the rest of this month.

The thing to remind your Mom is that the shunning is ALL on her end: it's HER decision, and HERS alone. You're not shunning her: she is shunning YOU. She can't blame the WT for her actions....

You're right, but we all know that most don't see it that way. She doesn't think for herself, the Watchtower thinks for her. It's sad that so many have blind faith and devotion and are mislead and misguided.

You might tell her that there will ALWAYS be a "light in the window for her" in your life: she's your Mother, the one who gave you life (not the GB, the ones who want to be called Mom). If she finds the need or power to avail herself of your forgiveness, you are man enough to forgive and forget, to always have her as a part of your life (within the healthy boundaries, of course).

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind. I was going to collect some info on the true meaning of Apostasy and such things to show her, so she can see that she's not following biblical counsel but that of hard hearted and overly strict men.

The quote function on this board is rather strange.

SauerKraut, Once you disassociate yourself, you may no longer able to help your mother learning the truth about the truth. I wonder you shold hold on the DA letter for now. You will be label as an apostate. Are you ready for that? I would send copies of a DA letter to your mother and people in the congregation if you decide to go for it. (I apologize to OP if you feel I am hijecking your thread.)

Blindnomore the letter isn't finished yet. I'll let it be for a few days and take another look at it, but most likely will send it within the next ten days. It may sound harsh, but I can't help my mother. She's blind and she'll just refuse to face anything that doesn't fit her worldview, that is a very strong tendency of hers. I've had discussions and she has no inclination at all to face facts, she's been very accusing, to protect myself I've stopped speaking about my doubts, observations and what I found out. There's a lot of pressure building up inside and I don't want to pretend to be the good witness, fading is not an option for me, I'm under a lot of scrutiny. Besides that I don't want to be part of the Society much longer. If I'll be branded as an Apostate, I can't help it. We have to stand for what's true. The longer I pretend, the more my Mother will feel I'll be back to normal some day that I'll "snap out of it" and everything will be okay. It reminds me of pulling a tooth out, don't mess around, just get it done and be done with the pain sooner rather than later.

Once I send the letter I'll give a copy to my Mother and a few close friends, so they understand what happened, why I'm doing this. Kind of a "witnessing letter".

AllTimeJeff, sorry for the hijack, I hope it's okay with you.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sauerkraut said:

AllTimeJeff, sorry for the hijack, I hope it's okay with you.

I doubt AllTimeJeff is going to be upset: Sauerkraut, you're the living embodiment of what Jeff is talking about...

More power to you for having the courage to stand up for your convictions in the face of persecution (ironic, isn't it? In doing what you're doing, you are living up to the principles the JWs espouse, some of whom "can't wait" for persecution....)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I used to sell 'Living Forever', and all sorts of other large ideas. ...you realize that you not only bought the lie, you tried to sell it!

Exactly right. That's why on the forum I use the name Willy Loman, who is the lead character in the play, "Death of a Salesman." I started posting when the salesman in me died.

Best day of my life!

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

King Solomon: it's absolutely ironic. Even more so, since my belief in Jesus and God hasn't changed. I feel I need to leave "the truth" to actually be a true Christian, therefore I might loose my Mother. Crazy ironic.

I wish JWs would realize how pharisaical their form of worship is, I can't stand it any longer. Jesus started a way of life and they've made it a "Law 2.0" form of worship. They fight for religious freedom but are the most strict folks out there. The Scribes and Pharisees would feel right at home. Now's the time to leave, it'll only get worse, just like it has been in the past years. I fear people like my Mother will become more extreme, just like the Society and demand you to be just like that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALL TIME JEFF:

I think the wisest thing for anybody to do who leaves the JW religion is to get ON with their life. Go get an education, make new friends and get new activities to fill the void. This is what I did and I got in touch with old friends and relatives. Even though I was angry, I felt it was unhealthy for me to fantasize about 'getting even'. I can't 'get even' or even get closure by telling certain people off because they have died. I can only move forward and away from my bad experience.

However, I won't judge anybody who has family still in and anybody involved in a child abuse situation. Ideally, the best thing to do is run and not look back. But, everybody doesn't have this luxury.

I don't think anybody or any situation will bring down the religion. What I think WILL happen is it will reinvent itself like some shape-shifter or amoeba. I know this isn't the end many here wish for, but it seems most realistic to me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sauerkraut: If you're still concerned with being a "true Christain" you're still thinking like a JW. Spend six more months researching things. Writing a letter is ringing a bell that cannot be un-rung. You can be free without doing it. I wrote a letter. When I did so, I was supremely ignorant of what I was in the midst of. Instead of figuring out what I needed, I was obsessed with what God wanted. This same God had allowed me to a slave in a cult. Perhaps worrying about him shouldn't have been my top priority. Your concept of God's will is going to transform a great deal during the next 24 months, if you seek truth. Good luck.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jeff: On this topic, we agree a great deal. The WT crumbles the day you decide that you're done with it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I agree that living well is the best revenge. Still, I applaud the efforts of those who want to do more. Why should any of us care if some want to work behind the scenes gathering intel and using it stratigically. If a bright light is pointed on a bunch of cockroaches they scatter--possibly causing less damage. If it weren't for this forum and the efforts of others to provide info to those who are having doubts, hubby and I would still be stuck in the cult.

While there will probably always be doomsday cults, most don't teach child sacrifice is necessary to please God. Jehovah's Witnesses do. It is for this reason that I support efforts to enlighten/educate. The youth need access to accurate info in order to make an informed decision to break the "born in" cycle.

Illistration:It's important to kill the eggs if your pet has fleas . The same is true with the WTBT$. If the youth learn TTATT before reproducing, eventually the older ones will simply die off. The added bonus is that they will have few if any wasted years.

The difference between slaving for the Borg and slaving to end the Borg is the slave can quit the latter if he chooses.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Sauerkraut, all the best to you. There is never a one size fits all solution where leaving JWs are concerned.

I agree with everyone here. Long Hair Girl, I think you're right. They'll change and evolve, which doesn't seem fair, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Leavingwt, I know my leaving affected a lot of people. They were stronger with me, weaker without me. I'm stronger without them. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit