mrsjones5

Jakey is never coming back.

• sizemik
    sizemik

no more no more no more no more?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

From his OP, it's as if Jake is the anti-Billy:

The entire time I was gone in Bethel and attending meetings it was nagging at me. I hadn't been previously baptized, so leaving wasn't that big a deal. Now I'm back in the swing of it a real life at university, going to no longer wasting time at all those unproductive meetings and field service. I hope to get baptized a good job, marriage, and family soon. The world Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is too messed up to take a chance putting any more trust in them and their false prophecies. Does anyone else feel like this they no longer need a steady dose of antidepressants and alcohol after they leave WT? I was sick of the nagging "what if's I reach retirement age, I know the Society won't spare a cent to help me. The sooner I get out, the sooner I can build a real life". I finally feel at peace really good about the fact that I don't have to pray for the slaughter of billions of innocent people to find peace in my life.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Billy: great reply man! Loved it!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Damn neighborhood punks, always ringing my door-bell to play ding-dong-ditch.....

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Gotta agree with James Woods.....trolling. We need to let this thread die so this troll stops giggling about how he/she 'manipulated the apostates.'

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Nah...you never know if he is a troll, But, hundreds of people have read this, including doubting JW's.

All of them are reading a lot of common sense answers here. We have a lot better chance of 'pointing out the manipulation by the WT', than the reverse.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

The world might well be in a mess, but Jehovah's Witnesses do not offer a solution to the world's problems, they are part of the problem.

Paul's shrewd philosophy about what to look for when a society implodes can also be found among JWs. The Society never really seems all that keen on emphasising verses 6 and 7 of 2 Timothy 3, but there is really only one religion that embodies the observation, "For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth." Furthermore, Luke's list of signs includes, "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them." Again, this phenomenon can be found primarily in Jehovah's Witnesses.

Anyone who has read Ivan Illich's essay Disabling Professions cannot come away without seeing religion (including JWs) writ loud and clear. In describing man's continued loss of autonomy, and the perview of professions to increasingly disable man, Illich states, "This professional authority comprises three roles: The sapiential authority to advise, instruct and direct; the moral authority that makes its acceptance not just useful but obligatory; and charismatic authority that allows the professional to appeal to some supreme interest of his client that not only outranks conscience but sometimes even the raison d'état." If this doesn't describe Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't know what does, and yet Illich was describing the role of professionals in general.

But not only does the Governing Body adopt a professional role in people's lives, it also promotes the world's professions, and encourages adherence to them. So rather than, "Do not allow the world to squeeze you into its mold," the organisation shows a determination to squeeze its members into the mold of the world. So, there are Awake! articles praising the professions: The police, or the teaching profession, or the medical profession - even going so far as to make it illegal to offer medical advice to fellow congregation members.

The OP might not be coming back to JWN, but if anyone else reads this post who is contemplating going back, think hard. Seek a solution elsewhere.

Incarceration, The Sexual Jungle, and the rape of humanity.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jake Marley doesn't exist. It's probably some zealot JW dropping a troll bomb on the forum in an attempt to get 'apostates'(TM) in a frenzy.

Why did I even post on this redundant thread?

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Well done Jake. Things are much simpler when you are a slave. Good luck to you! If you change your mind in another 10 years time, come back to this page. Someone will be here to welcome you to the real world (you will only be 10 years older, so what?).

You don’t want to take chances? You want peace? How about becoming a hermit or a Hare-Krishna? Have you also thought about these alternative solutions?

The world is certainly messed up, but abdicating your personal responsibility and becoming one of Jehovah’s Witness, will achieve exactly what?

I wish you the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit