Are You More Of A Spiritual Person Since Leaving The "Truth"?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

There is no such thing as a spiritual person. We are fleshly creatures as are all living creatures. Even the word creature is suspect. Implying creation rather than evolution.But that is another topic.

To answer your question, NO!

• somebody
    somebody

I've ALWAYS been a spiritual person. If I wasn't, I don't think I would have ever left the JW "organized religion"/cult or otherwise. That hasn't changed since leaving the borg. Being "spiritual" has nothing to do do with religious organizations in my experience. I have two grown children who are now athiest adults and I KNOW that they are spiritual. One more than the other, but they both are spiritual people.

Great question you asked for "reasonable thinking persons" !

peace,

somebody/gwen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For sure, I now understand that being spiritual doesn't happen by reading the LIE-ble and letting some fictitious characters found therein do things for me. Nor does it mean doing things that someone else claims I should be doing, based on the LIE-ble. The whole thing is out of date, I never felt it applied to me in any way, and most of the pacts and classes were between Jehovah and specific Jews. As I am not even Jewish, let alone one of those specific Jews (like Tyrant David), it is a waste of my time and does not advance my spirituality.

At least with Father Satan, I can make an attempt to advance. While the filthy angels might succeed in cloaking me and preventing me from getting anywhere, at least I will not be wasting my time on things that aren't even applicable to me or anyone else today.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Interesting question.

Short answer is YES.

although my definition is different than yours minimus.

I feel no spiritual connection to any silly man made superstitious religious group / cult - however....

I do feel much more of what I call a spiritual connection to my fellow humans, and to the world and universe around me.

Spiritual more in the sense of the native north American Indians style without the religious superstition part. From studying science, in particular biology and physics, I realize how we are all beautifully connected. This creates in me, what I call a spiritual essence that I simply did not have in the very physical black and white world of JW-Dom.

The Oracle

• James Brown
    James Brown

Since escaping the watchtower.

I have continued to search for truth and meaning in life.

I have gone down atheist avenue.

And I have gone down spiritual avenue.

Neither road offers the ultimate answers I have been looking for.

That leaves me to believe that we are programed to be smart enough to function as we do. But dumb enough

not to know what is going on or to be able to figure it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit