Are You More Of A Spiritual Person Since Leaving The "Truth"?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think I'm more of a spiritual person now. I do think I am more of a realist, though.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

what do you mean by spiritual? i ask because whenever i talk abot that with someone, it always ends up sounding a little different.

i like realist though

• minimus
    minimus

Spiritual vs. fleshly.

Esoteric vs. earthly.

In tune with (a) god and displaying godly qualities because of it.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

what if i believed that god is within me and that by being a realist i am displaying godly qualities?

i take it NOT talking about the godly qualities displayed by that psychopathic murderer known as jehovah right? ;) just yankin yer chain

i'm definitely more of a realist

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I will say this, I've never in my life read so much and studied so much, until after I left the BORG. Spirituality is something the J-dubs talk about and base on reading the Watchtower and awake mags, which is written by FALSE PROPHETS KNOWN AS THE GOVERNING BODY.

We all know and are aware that the bible alone cannot keep us spiritually fed according the the BORG. if we read the bible only we will find ourselves in spiritual darkness. That is pure BULL S**T. So l guess I'm a realist.

Kojack

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I will say this, I've never in my life read so much and studied so much, until after I left the BORG. Spirituality is something the J-dubs talk about and base on reading the Watchtower and awake mags, which is written by FALSE PROPHETS KNOWN AS THE GOVERNING BODY.

Their reverse psychology worked! Their will was to get you to grow spiritually, to examine different paths, and have your eyes opened, as it were...

(Or NOT: they may have just been a group obsessed with controlling weaker individuals who allows themselves to be controlled by others. Not surprisingly, that also would be ideal training grounds for pedophiles, who share similar desires....).

• Thor
    Thor

I would definitely say yes. The WBTS and local elders definition of spirituality has to do with only physical and fleshly things. They would think you are spiritual if you went to meetings, went out in service, followed all their rules without question, etc, basically a total kissup brown noser. I really never could follow that line of crap, it did not make since to me, and I am so happy to not have to hear it over and over again!

Mrs. Thor

• minimus
    minimus

Mrs. Thor, well said!

• Cacky
    Cacky

Absolutely, but it comes from the heart, not "head knowledge" that jws always brag about having.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"The WBTS and local elders definition of spirituality has to do with only physical and fleshly things. They would think you are spiritual if you went to meetings, went out in service, followed all their rules without question, etc, basically a total kissup brown noser. I really never could follow that line of crap, it did not make since to me, and I am so happy to not have to hear it over and over again!"

I agree, to jw's spirituality means; go to the meetings, out in service, work on quickbuilds, assembly halls, clean the restrooms, mow the grass, plant flowers, pull weeds, assemblies, conventions, pre-convention work, service, weekend service, mid-week service, auxilary pioneer during the year, regular pioneer if your single or without kids, be submissive, don't ask questions and whatever.

I supported/accompanied an inactive jw but a friend to an AA meeting and on the wall it said, "Spirituality leads to sobriety". I sat through the meeting and asked him later if he saw the sign. We discussed that jw activities always lead to drinking, either because of fellowship or disgust with the hypocrisy. Where was the spirituality? If what we had done was so spiritual, why did we and all jw acquaintances drink so much?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit