Why did Jehovah's Witnesses release the Byington and New Jerusalem Bibles in the early 70s , and forget about them in the 80s?

by Balaamsass 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

ScenicViewer I don't think the WT ever published/printed the Jerusalem Bible, instead I think they sold/distributed it. The Cost List you show only indicates they offered it for sales, not that they also printed/published it. I agree with dropoffyourkeylee in that matter.

Folks, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watch_Tower_Society_publications says that the Byington Bible was revised in 1989. Has anyone seen that edition? What changes were made in the 1989 edition?

dropoffyourkeylee, regarding the WT selling Catholic Bibles keep in mind that many times the WT quoted from Catholic Bibles (probably mostly to convert Catholics). They also quoted from The Complete Bible: An American Translation and though it is a Protestant (and possibly Anglican-Episcopalian) Bible that edition of the Bible translated primarily by Smith and Goodspeed includes the Apocrypha (translated by Goodspeed).

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

ScenicViewer, notice in the Cost List that Bibles listed as "Other Bibles" are grouped separately from those published by the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit