France ordered to pay millions for illegal taxation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by therevealer 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

For those who are interested, I've uploaded Anthony Morris's reaction to this decision as an mp3 file (sorry, I can't be bothered turning it into a video)!

Here is the link:

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/anthony-morris-on-french-government.mp3

These comments were made among his opening remarks at the Special Convention in Dublin earlier this month.

Cedars

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

They wont see a Dime, France is going Broke,

Viva da Frogs! They will tie this up in court for decades,

Trust me on this one - FRANCE WILL NOT PAY A damn Franc

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

Great result

• LV101
    LV101

dreamgolfer --- Thank you for making my morning coffee great! YEAH!

I thought they were broke. I hope they don't tax the citizens more to clear it off.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Thanks to those who gave clarifying info on this.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Ha, ha, ha. That was quite funny - the reaction of Morris - "now that's been over 15 years now, but it teaches governments not to take on the almighty". So it took the almighty 15 years and he had to use the worldly European Court of Human Rights

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The wtbs is a gnat with delusions of being a theatrical spectacle

• Gayle
    Gayle

May France pay (if at all) directly to abuse victims of WTS pedophile lawsuits.

• Scott77
    Scott77

May France pay (if at all) directly to abuse victims of WTS pedophile lawsuits.
    Gayle

If we have pedo vicitims from Watctower society of Jehovah's Witnesses in France, then this is a good time to start the case. Why not?

Scott77

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am not a civil law or French expert. The United States has the Establishment Clause which would absolutely preclude any such targetted taxation. May I ask the justification for taxing the WT? Other religions must engage in similar activities. When I first read about this case here, I was shocked that France, a bastion of democracy and liberty, would impose such a tax on a religion. Americans were very shocked when Muslims were told they must not wear the headscarf in public school.

The WT cannot be wrong about everything.

I know the Russian government is also imposing burdens. Somehow, though, I never expect Russia and France to be lumped together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit