France ordered to pay millions for illegal taxation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by therevealer 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

What power does "The European Court of Human Rights" have in a case like this. Can they actually tell France what to do??

This is touted as the top story on http://www.jw-media.org/ and I am not sure if I am catching up on old news or not. I notice nothing has a date to show when it was added to the site.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

I suppose they will get fined if they do not comply.

• Scott77
    Scott77

That press release was sent out last year on on June 30, 2011

Scott77

• LV101
    LV101

Maybe France will have more economic woes/file bankruptcy or whatever countries do or be unable to pay it back and have to write the cult off.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about welshing on any debts that result from fraud? If this religion forces nations or people into debt to itself through its fraud or by creating a currency system that forces people into debt to itself (materially or spiritually), the debt should be welshed on. And that goes for debt that results from banks forcing themselves into nations, printing the currency and lending it at interest to the governments, and then indebting those nations. Welsh on such debts--the alternative is enslavement.

And, why should a publishing company disguised as a religion be exempt from taxes? Not only that, religion has as its job the advancement of the human soul. Does the religion do that? For that matter, do any of the Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or hybrids of those three (or any religion influenced by one or more of those three) accomplish advancement of the human soul? I don't think so. All three bash women and relegate them to sub-human status. All three make sex such a regulated affair. All three deny followers pleasures that do no harm. All three are homophobic. All three work against human nature. As such, they all need to be taxed to the hilt, and the taxes used by the government to do legitimate things (defense, infrastructure, and the like) and not paying banks that print debt based currency.

Besides, what if someone were to claim that spiritual Satanism does advance the soul? Would they be tax free? They should, especially since they make no claim to be Jewish, Christian, and/or Muslim and then go against those core principles. Satanism is right upfront. You work with the universe, you work with the Demons, you work with human nature, and you strive to advance your soul. And isn't that what religion is supposed to do?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

To the question, Yes, the European Court of Human Rights have the right to decide and to tell member states what to do. The member states must comply. There is no "what if they don't?", they must. The Court is the highest appeal court for all European nations, and organizations and individuals can appeal to it. If the appeal is allowed by the Court to be treated, the result is binding.

The French case is not on taxes as such, as claimed by some here, but on taxes placed on gifts. The French state claimed a 60 per cent tax on all gifts given for a number of years, and it should be noted that the WTB&TS was the only organization from which such taxes were claimed, so it was a clear cut case of trying to liquidate an organization. Whatever one might feel about such an attempt, the Court has now nullified the attempt. Last year, it was nullified, and the WTB&TS and the French state were asked to come together and discuss how the state should free the mortgages it had placed upon WTB&TS property (closing of brach office, convention halls and some Kingdom halls). The state refused to discuss, though, and therefore the Court now ordered it to follow the Court's decisions.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

And if you look at the top left corner, you will see the date: July 5, 2012

• Marcial
    Marcial

Bonjour,

Il me semble que la France a encore un recours qui est celui que l'affaire soit examinée par la "Grande Chambre" de la Cour européenne des droits de l'homme je crois ... . Pour cela elle dispose de trois mois pour la saisir , si la commission déclare recevable ce recours cela peut durer encore des années avant une décision définitive. Mais ... la France est-elle prête à aller plus loin ? Patience

Marcial

• ballistic
    ballistic

oui

• ballistic
    ballistic

J'mapell ballistic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit