Anthony Morris III explains political neutrality by discussing his views on the Obama presidency and US intervention in Libya

by cedars 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He speaks so slowly! Since he speaks frequently, one would think he could not "ah" and "um" all the time. Caroline Kennedy's habit of speaking in this manner was one reason her Senate bid failed. Most analysts said that it is an easy skill that can be mastered in a few months.

A casual glance at the Daily News or New York Post's glaring headlines would give anyone more knowledge than he possesses.

Reading English and American history, the search for the new leader starts sooner than the present one was crowned or elected.

I recall Franz, Knorr, Henschel, etc. as much better speakers.

Isn't a "III" pretensious for a JW?

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I think that is just his affect. I believe he is speaking off the outline and trying to have an easy going, laid back approach. Herd, Weaver and some of the other heavies do this.

These guys have a comfort level standing up before thousands of people hanging on their every word. So they just get up there and talk. They want to come across as personable, relatable, and down to earth. I don't think he's bumbling or inept...he's just a guy running his mouth in front of an adoring crowd.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The start is such a farce as he talks about politicians making promises they don't keep... WHAT ABOUT WATCHTOWER NOT KEEPING THEIR PROMISES?!?!?!?

WT made the famous promise, "Millions now living will never die!"... they've died.

"The preaching work would be completed in this 20th century"... FAIL.

"God's promise that the generation that saw the events of 1914 would be alive to witness the great tribulation"... WRONG!

"We are in the very last seconds of the last days"... going on 100 years of 'last days'.

And so on and so on...

Tony the Turd is in no position to criticize politicians for not keeping promises.

You know how to tell when a GB member is lying? ... His lips are moving!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Tony the Turd

*snicker snicker giggle*

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo - I promise you that the extract presented in this video is not in any way edited or tampered with. It runs consecutively with no segments added or removed. It is taken from a talk of Anthony's that ran to over an hour at a Special Assembly in 2010, so it would be tricky to upload the entire thing to YouTube, and even if I did I very much doubt that many people could stomach listening to the whole thing. I'm therefore cutting out humorous segments that touch on certain topics, and leaving it for people to judge for themselves whether these make sense or not!

I hear what you're saying, that he knows what he's talking about and has an agenda etc, but I prefer the other suggestions that he's in his "comfort zone" of veneration, and just feels perfectly happy to open his mouth in front of thousands of people and see what comes out.

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thast being the case, Cedars, I am not only much relieved, as it is then a testament to yoiur own integrity, but I'm also satisfied that your take is the correct one, and I bow to the overwhelming judgement of everyone else!

The man's obviously ga-ga!

• cedars
    cedars

lol, no worries Chariklo. It's a shame that each and every JW can't watch these videos and see for themselves how completely detached from reality their leaders are.

Cedars

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Cedars- Love your work! These short videos, is this a hobby or a Job Skill ? Special software? KUDOS

• cedars
    cedars

lol Balaamsass, thanks for the positive feedback!

I go through waves of wanting to write stuff and not wanting to write stuff. I'm going through a "non writing" phase at the moment, but I find that video production is a welcome diversion that still helps me to get the points across but in a completely different way. I have an artistic background and love music too, so it's an enjoyable hobby when I have material to work with, such as these talks by Anthony Morris. I've also been inspired by other YouTubers and the way they splice in footage and music to good effect.

I actually wanted to start making videos a while back, but I assumed I would need to record my own voice on them and was afraid to do this. I've since found ways round that problem - the most effective was asking Nugget to do a voiceover for me on the Candace Conti video, which she did perfectly!

Software-wise, I just use the bog-standard Windows Movie Maker. It's not exactly state-of-the-art, but it allows me to do what I want to do fairly simply, and I'm used to its little quirks by now.

Cedars

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

These are great! You could make lots of $$. 3 minute videos are a niche few people are in. Utube videos are getting page one rankings on google now...since they bought it. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit