Anthony Morris III explains political neutrality by discussing his views on the Obama presidency and US intervention in Libya

by cedars 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
  • edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

He comes across as a bit befuddled .Is he the Watchtowers secret weapon or what ?

He might have leadership potential but sure as hell I can't see it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anthony isn`t sure about what year it is..Or anything else..

Yes the WBT$ joined the UN NGO..

Sure the WBT$ Lobbys Governments..But..

We`re Neutral!!..

No I`m not Confused..Do I look Confused?..

I know what I had for Lunch!..If you give me a Minute..

I`ll tell you what it Was!

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/anthony-morris-governing-bo.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Quit rushing me!..Let me Think!..

Oh I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner

That`s It!..I`m a Hot Dog!..

No!..No!!

I mean I Ate a Hot Dog!

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/anthony-morris-governing-bo.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That guy needs to review the TMS Guidebook on "word-whiskers"

His speaking style brings mediocrity to a duller, drabber shade of grey.

It just struck me, "the promises to reduce crime, stop wars, … create jobs!" Wow, those were the same "promises from God" that JWs told me back in the '80s that induced me to join up.

Have to admit, I fell for it. I'm much better now!

• cedars
    cedars

lol OUTLAW, I should probably clarify that his remarks were made in a 2010 Special Assembly talk (hence, two years before the election this year), so that may account for the confusion over the year.

But you're right, the guy doesn't come across as being particularly assertive or confident in his own knowledge. As 00DAD says, his speech is riddled with word whiskers and unfinished sentences.

It would be interesting to have a professional psychologist analyze his talks to see what they tell us about his personality.

One thing's for sure, he definitely doesn't understand the true meaning of "political neutrality"!!

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I've only just been able to view that video, because earlier I was tied to my iPad, and for some reason it wouldn't play there.

Having now watched it...sorry, folks, I think you've missed what he was doing there. I hold absolutely no brief for him or others in the GB...heaven knows, I hold no bvrif at all for them!...but I think what he was doing was acting befuddlement to illustrate his point that the worldpoliticians don't know what they're doing, that it's one thing after another and the same old same old.

He wasn't befuddled at all. And Cedars...I take it these were selected extracts? Or were they actually consecutive, part of a whole speech and not cut and delivered here in segments?

You were making a point, just as I believe he was making a point...at least, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll hold my hand up to being so, but I do not think this guy is befuddled at all. I think he ws very del;iberste and very focused. And Cedars, if these were cut pieces of a longer speech, then was the longer speech less "befuddled" and what did it say?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Well if he was acting befuddled I would like to see him telling us the remarkable history of the JWs in the same manner I can hear his words in my head now, " well ( pause) well (pause) you know 1914 was an important year I think that was the year ,yes it was , Jesus was going to appear and he didn't (scratches head) well he did but we didn't get to see him well we did but it was in our mind that we saw him and another thing we promised was the generation teaching well the old generation has gone but no Armaggedon war I have been in a war and I would recognise it if I saw it we the Governing Body still can't get it right but I'll get back to you all on that".

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Whatever he was doing he did not use a single Scripture to support it...and that's the problem. He was expressing his own opinion as a war veteran.

• therevealer
    therevealer

He looks like a dope. He talks like a dope. And he acts like a dope. Maybe, just maybe he's a dope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit