Are the WTBS the modern day Pharisees and Saducees

by Leander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

AGuest
    Thank you for answering.
    You sound like you talk with a soft voice, something I need to learn.
    The WT's system of things creates such a fire (not the warm comforting kind) in me for what it has done and is still doing to people I am/were close to that it is so very hard sometimes to keep my cool. Hence the handle, it takes all the will power I own to hold it in. Venting here helps and it is good practice for the "controlled" discussion I would love to have face to face some day.
    I know I am not alone, our hearts ache.

will

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest WillPower... peace to you...

And I would have to say that you might be correct about my speaking voice; at least, that's what people tell me all the time when I am talking to them on the phone ("Can you speak up a little, please?") LOLOLOLOL! I am trying to learn to speak louder, but it is not 'natural' for me.

But PLEASE do not think the misleadings of the WTBTS don't chagrin me... nothing could be farther from the truth. I HATE what they have done and are doing. But... I don't hate them. Truly, I feel sorry for them, for those who don't have a clue and are being misled, how they will feel when they wake up - can you IMAGINE how certain ones are going to feel when called to task? When they realized how they've judged and condemned, conducted themselves as hypocrites, followed a false prophet and golden calf, FALSE ANOINTED... when all along they THOUGHT they were 'expelling demons in [his] name?.

I also feel sorry for those who DO know what they are doing, but in a different way: they THINK they will get away with it, have convinced themselves, as did Judas, as does Satan. How arrogant... how sad. Too bad, too bad.

I think that if I had talked to Mr. Carey in anger or with frustration, etc., I wouldn't have got very far. Actually, I would have given him an excuse NOT to listen ("An answer when MILD turns away rage...") The same with the 'brothers' that met with me... all 14 times I remained calm, while they 'gnashed their teeth', in some cases quite literally. But, they didn't do so because of MY conduct, I promise you! THEY were the ones 'ashamed', not me. And that's probably the REAL reason why they showed me the door, looking at me most probably caused them quite a bit a discomfort. The remedy? Remove her. Ah, well.

Anyway, you can ALWAYS pray for the 'fruit' of my Father's spirit that is peace, mildness and long-suffering. These will help you. And even a greater one is LOVE. If you ask the Father to send you His holy spirit, through Christ, He will do it. I promise you. (Luke 11:13). You can ask for any one of His 'fruits'... and let that 'carry' you through what you have to do. And He won't withhold it, for in doing so, you may even glorify Him.

Don't let them 'win', Will... they are COUNTING on ones like us to 'lose it'. And as in every similar situation, the one that loses his/her cool, usually loses the 'battle'. It does not have to be this way, though... for there IS a 'helper'.

Let me know how I can help... for I am...

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Imbue
    Imbue

ozziepost you said:

It was interesting for us in the land of Oz to see the reaction of many Witnesses a few years back when the "Greatest Man" book was being studied at the Congregation Book Studies. Many have said to us that their seeds of doubt and more were sown during that time. They saw clearly the similarities between the Pharisees and the elders who govern the congregations at the Kingdom Halls. The result? Australia started its decline in publisher numbers. The Australia Branch has sought to explain the decline by blaming the change in the 'generation' teaching in 1995. But I wonder if it was also the result of some having their eyes opened by the book study material.
    This is also true in the USA. I think we studied The Greatest Man book 2-3 times. Looking back this wasn't very smart of the GB because it revealed who are the real 'present day Pharisees'. Actually the Isaiah book is tearing up the elders as well.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Will Power
    Will Power

AGuest
    Thank you for answering.
    Ahh yes, the road less travelled is filled with lessons to be learned.
    I hope the hard ones are behind me.
    and I pray for the ones who have yet to face them.

will

• Amazing
    Amazing

Leander: Yes, the WTS leaders are Pharisees, par excellence. They are not the only ones, but they in the top ten. The reason any controlling group can become this way is that the personal relationship with God is replaced with faith in an organization.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Actually the Isaiah book is tearing up the elders as well.

Imbue,
    An interesting observation, do you have more detail?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• uriah
    uriah

An interesting post. I have thought this for a long time. The Greatest Man book did not show it up for me. Rather it was/is the manner that the congregation is left to rot. Note a recent KM when the article entitled (gist) 'Become rich in fine works' was presented. Did this Fine works mean showing love, compassion, kindness etc., that is conspicuous by its abscence. NO. It was just another 'DO MORE' in the ministry. I said to an elder - 'what is the point of trying to pull more into the congregation when we are not taking care of those falling off the back of the lorry?' The field service, the meetings and all the other things designed to use up free time are deemed more important then taking care of the congregation. As Jesus said they give the mint and the Dill but not the weightier matters like love. If anyone does (and it is a rare thing) get a Shepherding visit, it generally takes the form of an A4 printed piece of paper taken from the WT-CD with which to beat the vistee over the head with. You haven't been regular at the meetings, take that and that and that. (If any one is not a regular meeting-goer, may I recommend All Bran):).

• sadiejive
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day uriah,

Welcome aboard! Glad you came and with observations like this:

Note a recent KM when the article entitled (gist) 'Become rich in fine works' was presented. Did this Fine works mean showing love, compassion, kindness etc., that is conspicuous by its abscence. NO. It was just another 'DO MORE' in the ministry. I said to an elder - 'what is the point of trying to pull more into the congregation when we are not taking care of those falling off the back of the lorry?' The field service, the meetings and all the other things designed to use up free time are deemed more important then taking care of the congregation. As Jesus said they give the mint and the Dill but not the weightier matters like love. If anyone does (and it is a rare thing) get a Shepherding visit, it generally takes the form of an A4 printed piece of paper taken from the WT-CD with which to beat the vistee over the head with.
    I 'm looking forward to 'hearing' from you often. Thanks for the post. It was a very 'telling' point.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit