Are the WTBS the modern day Pharisees and Saducees

by Leander 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

Rather than Sadducees and Pharisees, it's more like Pharisees and scribes.

The scribes busied themselves with searching texts for God and neglected more important issues, and it was because of this that they would never understand the text anyway.

The Pharisees thought in terms of earning, like the JWs, they traded (buy and sell) love, or what they thought was love - it was about payment or repayment - that's the blasphemy - they're saying God is like a beast, but it's their image of God. The Pharisees, like the JWs, also represent the terrible father figure who has lots of rules and keeps you guilty even when you're not. Jesus really didn't like that, and also witholding material wealth - prostitution and stuff wasn't so bad compared to that.

The Parisees also liked to be clean on the outside, travel distances to make a single proselyte, neglect 'Samaritan' type of work and judge everyone else as not being as 'good' as themselves (having been chosen an' all), and of course be hypocritical.

I can't think of another group on earth who more closely resembles the Pharisees and scribes of Jesus' time. Being goats, they would unwittingly try to take the others' food - they didn't really care deep down about others, just about getting along with their own.

I'll have to agree with Christ.

Bang

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Leander... may you have peace...

And may I say to you by the spirit of my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES, that is in me by means of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, that...

Yes! The 'scribes and Pharisees', 'false prophets', 'false christs (false 'anointed')' of the WTBTS, in the form of the Governing Body... and those who 'worship' them, glorify them and FOLLOW them... are EXACTLY who my Lord was referring to... FOR THIS GENERATION. For each 'generation' has its own set of 'scribes and Pharisees', and it is up to the 'reader'... to use 'discernment'... in understanding who these are.

We were warned to 'beware the leaven of the Pharisees, which is... HYPOCRISY'. We were told that 'men will expel you from their synagogues'. We were told that many would come 'on the basis of [his] name saying, 'I am 'christ' [anointed].' We were told that 'all who 'kill' you will THINK they are rendering an act of sacred service.'

These, and many other warnings granted to the TRUE Household of God, Israel, made up of those of Abraham's seed who accept the Christ as Messiah, literally and SPIRITUALLY..., and those who 'go with' them... were so that such ones could 'catch sight of the DISGUSTING thing... STANDING IN A HOLY PLACE.' Such 'disgusting' thing is for Israel today the WTBTS and its leaders/members, who call THEMSELVES 'the visible representation of the Lord on earth', thus reestablishing a VISIBLE organization, when we are to keep our eyes on the things UNSEEN... a 'golden calf' and therefore a DISGUSTING THING... who calls THEMSELVES 'holy' or 'anointed' and who attempt to 'stand'... IN THE CONGREGATION OF THE FIRSTBORN, a HOLY place... in order to mislead... if possible... even the chosen ones.

Yes, they are those of who you speak, as are all of the other 'heads' of the 'wild beast' that came before them.

I, myself, SJ, have spoken it you.

A TRUE servant to the Household of God, Israel, by means of a TRUE anointing with the spirit of God, HOLY SPIRIT, by means of Christ,

SJ

• blindfool
    blindfool

Leander,
    I agree with your comparison.
    The more I read here the more I'm reminded of how Jesus told the Pharisees that he would send them great teachers and the Pharisees would cast them away. Matthew 23:34 Compare this to some people on this board (Randy Waters, Bill Bowen and Amazing)and how they have been treated by the Society. I know there are many others, these are the ones that come to mind the quickest for me.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

When I first read the subject of this thread I thought "now I wonder what the apostates will say about this?"

I came into the thread and oh my god I was right. What is there to expect from apostates but to slam the GB and all those that take the lead in the organization?

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello and

Yes Yes I agree Shelby.

Another thought. It was only the Pharisees and Saducees that our lord condemned by calling them "Offspring of vipers" and that they were "from their father the devil."

They were who was "shutting up the kingdom" to the sheep, binding them with heavy loads of the law that THEY themselves were unwilling to touch. Concerned with works of the law (the temple or organization and suporting it) than with truth and true love. (No matter what you read, its not "truth" til it comes out in the WT)

They were condemning sheep that wanted to pur faith in Christ at the time and not allowing them to follow him or as today come into union with him by "partaking." It is ANYONE that can eat and drink. It is the means by which one will live forever. JOHN 6:48-58

So because of their bloodguilt, they will carry a heavier judgement.
    EZEKIEL 34
    JEREMEIAH 23

Just a thought
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest YoYo... may you have peace!

Hmmmm... while I am not the ONLY one, I'm a'thinkin' that you MIGHT be including me in your... er-ummm, 'definition'... since I did mention the illustrious GB. May I ask you: have you met any of the GB and spoken with them... personally? On matters regarding God, Christ, anointing, faithful slave... and the GB? I have, dear one. And I unrestrictedly revealed myself to such one. And... HE neither disputed my 'sonship'... nor called me an apostate. Indeed, if the creation itself is "awaiting the revealing of the sons of God", by what means do YOU know such ones?

Now, I must admit that although he INITIALLY stated, "Young lady, you are 'dancing with demons', once I lovingly warned him of his danger of blasphemy (crediting demons with what my Father does, did, has done, will do... or, through Christ, sends someone to do... calling what is 'bad' 'good'... and what is 'good'... 'bad'...), he simply lowered his eyes, hung his head... and shut his mouth. And he listened to what I was sent to 'share' with him. He even took what I had brought for him. Granted, he didn't read it (he rolled it up in his hands), but... he PROMISED to give it to the Writing Department... and I am sure he did (as he has/had no 'authority' of his own anyway - the GB are powerless 'figureheads', which such brother revealed to me HIMSELF... stating... AND I QUOTE...

"The Governing Body hasn't had anything to do with
    the writing of the Watchtower and Awake since 1972."

And he wasn't lying; I refer you to the very first video tape distributed by the WTBTS. It tells you THEREIN... how the magazines are written. And I promise you, "GB" is NOT in the explanation. Shoot, "anointed" is not in the explanation.

In addition, when my dear 'brothers' decided to DF me... supposedly NOT as an apostate (they reassured me I was not and that everything I had shared with them... WAS 'in the Bible'... their words, not mine...), but for 'rebelliousness' - I had refused to meet with them one more time... as I had already done so 14 times (7 'officially') and after each meeting they couldn't decide 'what to do' with me. I told them I saw no reason to meet another time. So... I was being 'rebellious'. Nevermind that I had met with them all of the OTHER times... when and where they chose... and alone... although I had a 'head' who was a 'brother'... in 'good' standing. They said they didn't need to provide either me OR him with an explanation. So, okay, I went. Willingly.

My loving advice to YOU? Take care that you do not slander anyone due to speaking WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE, as it written in the Proverbs, that "the STUPID one is replying to a matter before hearing it." I can't picture you as being 'stupid', but... I have been known to be wrong.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

(Oh, BTW, the brother was Carey Barber and the date was February 17, 1997. Peace!)

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    Young lady, you are 'dancing with demons', once I lovingly warned him of his danger of blasphemy

You're a chick, wwwwwaaaaaahaaaaaa! lovingly warned him? ROTFLOL!

• Will Power
    Will Power

AGuest

Thanks for the "where you're coming from"

Were you as unseeing as yoyo before these meetings?

Forgive me, I do not know who is who, Cary Barber significance?

Were you born into the WT? What changed your mind?

Don't mean to get personal. Maybe it would help others?

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

I think of one incident I just heard about:

An elder in Norway discovered that his 18 year old son (unbaptized, not a publisher, but partisipating in the meetings) regularly used "snus". (I don't know the english wordm but is a kind of yeasted tobacco that you roll into small balls and put under your upper lip. You just keep it there for a while and get a sensation because of the nicotine.)

Maybe Awake! has written about "snus", and if they have, I guess that they refer to American brands. Recent research has demonstrated that American brands may cause cancer, but researchers have also shown that Swedish "snus" is not causing cancer. The difference between the American and Swedish brands, I think, is the additives.

Well, the 18 year old elder-son uses Swedish "snus". But still, his father proceeded the elder board in his congregation and asked whether he could continue serving as an elder when he had such a "rebellious" son. Reasonably, the other elders granted his abilty to continue.

But think about it! Lots of JWs drink a lot of alcohol, some drink very often, some JWs eat unhealthy food and never exercise, and some drive hazardously with their car. Rarly, this amounts to elder-cases.

But when a 18-year old, who is also a sportsman and exercise frequently, uses "snus", which is not even causing cancer, then some mechanism is triggered in an elders head - because it is tobacco - and tobacco is associated with sin.

Speaking of Pharisees?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest YoYoMa... may you have peace... and yes, I am a 'chick' (though, 'woman' sounds a bit more... well, accurate...), which is not a problem for ME, for I follow the Christ, who had NO problem with speaking to women or sending them ahead of himself... and not Paul... who apparently had a bit of a problem with women. Wonder why... And yes, 'lovingly', for I said: "Please, brother, be careful... do not credit demons with what is done by God."

Dearest Power, peace to you as well, and...

Thanks for the "where you're coming from"
    You're quite welcome.

Were you as unseeing as yoyo before these meetings?
    To some extend and for some time, yes. I did begin to hear and see very early but wanted to be 'obedient' and so did not push. Eventually, though, I had no choice, as I learned WHO it was I was to obey. And, no, it wasn't the leaders of the WTBTS, whatever their 'rank'.

Forgive me, I do not know who is who, Cary Barber significance?
    There is nothing to forgive, dear one. Carey Barber was and is one the active (if you can call it that) members of the GB. He is also one of the oldest and most respected. He was a fairly nice man... just misled... knows it... but doesn't know what to do about it and has gotten himself 'in too deep'. Unfortunately, such ignorance won't suffice as an excuse for what he has allowed and continues to allow to my Lord's sheep.

Were you born into the WT?
    No, I wasn't. I went in because they were the only ones who were speaking to me of being 'anointed', of Christ's 'brothers', of 'holy spirit'... things I was 'hearing' about. They 'had sayings of everlasting life.' But once in, I was not allowed to BE who I knew I was... the very reason for me going there (to be with my brothers).

What changed your mind?
    The spirit of my Lord... and his voice... teaching me the TRUTH... in opposition to what they were teaching me.

Don't mean to get personal. Maybe it would help others?
    I have nothing to hide, dear one. And it is my OBLIGATION to help others, in that I am a servant to the Household of God, to those that go with them... and to all mankind... pursuant to the terms of the Covenant between myself and my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES, by means of Christ, which Covenant COMMANDS that I love my brothers... AND... my enemies.

I hope this has helped both of you understand a bit better.

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit