Taking a break from AJWRB due to lack of interest

by Shawn10538 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Well, I've given it a year of my life and I hoped it would have taken off a bit stronger. I thought it was a good cause and still do. But I can't pay my bills and I can no longer justify spending time on the cause of saving lives with blood transfusions. It's been a great year working with Randy. I still plan on taking it over in the future and Randy still has that on the table. But I have to get a job, like, right now. I'm totally bankrupt and broke. I have to concentrate on myself a little more before I can help others. I may post occasionally if I can get my head above water financially, but unless I get overwhelming interest in the site I just don't see the sense in keeping it cutting edge or even up to date.

I think people are satsfied to just get a little info off of it and that's as far as they need it. Making it a cause just didn't work. Plus now the WT has put out some hard core propaganda about blood transfusions, and to respond to it correctly would involve myself going and interviewing the authors of the Forbes magazine article and the doctors who wrote the piece in question. All that takes time and money, and there just is no support for that sort of thing, no demand and no market. Unfortunately it is ajwrb that is probably going to cease to exist before the WTs doctrine ceases to exist. But that's the way everybody wants it and so it shall be. Thanks to all the people who have donated to the cause over the last year.

Zen

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

Take your break ---- You need to take care of YOURSELF .... When you will be strong, you can help us again. ....

Kisses from France ....

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thank You for your tireless hard work. The site is up and the information is available for anyone in the world. Take care of your family!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Unfortunately it is ajwrb that is probably going to cease to exist before the WTs doctrine ceases to exist.

That's NOT going to happen. At the very least it will remain as an archive as it currently is until someone else will offer to help out.

I will never let the work of my peeps disappear... too much hard work has been done by several people who have gone before.

Randy

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Agreed. you must take care of yourself first. Once you've done that....you can help others

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Yeah. maybe the cease to exist thing was a bit too strong. I guess I meant practically not literally Randy.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It just means that progress will be slow on the site for awhile, all former links and new ones should wortk fine.

thanks Zen,

Randy

• Scully
    Scully

Zen, there's nothing wrong with looking after your own needs at all. I wish you well.

AJWRB has been an entity for over a decade, and it will continue to serve a need, to every JW who has need to question the WTS's doctrine against blood transfusions and for every person whose life may be touched by the JWs and their position against blood transfusions.

It will continue to serve that important purpose even as an archive.

• moshe
    moshe

Martyrdom has it's value in the WT org and JWs continue to be willing sacrifices- the refusal to accept a blood transfusion is what I call a JW ritual suicide. For thinking JWs, the WT fraction guidelines have given JWs a way to rationalize a blood transfusion, but they still prefer to become martyrs. Perhaps they hope this will give them more status and wealth when they come back to paradise. Thank you , Randy and Zen for trying to help those JWs who won't even protect their own children.

When I have asked JWs, "will a blood transfusion save the life of a starving man"? , they know immediately ( a pained look in their faces) they have had their WT no-blood-transfusion dogma blasted to smithereens, but they still refuse to openly admit that a blood transfusion has nothing to do with any Bible prohibition from the OT dealing with eating blood, sigh, I have given up on JWs.

• rebel8
    rebel8

until someone else will offer to help out

What would that entail?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit