gravedancer

maybe some hacker was installing a dictionary on your pc

• lurk
    lurk

http://www.ZoneAlarm.com/
    bottom of page free for personal use

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Have you had the flu lately? Maybe you gave it a virus!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ladonna
    ladonna

I go with Lady Lee.....do a good clean up!! And clean out your temp files, cookies, all that junk, and then scan disk, defrag.

I do it all once, maybe twice a week as I play with huge graphics files....the more you do it, the shorter time it takes.

Also, if you are on "Dial up Modem", when it goes from "peak user time" to "off-peak user time", your PC may suddenly be operating at a higher speed.

Do you notice this when you are just sitting quietly reading a post? Not surfing around? If so, it's a sudden rev up of received data.

Just my opinion

Ana

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Lady Lee

Thanks for the info, but I try to keep it cleaned out much as poss. I usually defrag weekly. I defraged yesterday.

mommy

gravedancer
    Are U in-sin-u-ate-ing I need help with my spelling?[8>]

lurk
    WY ThankYou kind sir, I will give that a try.

Elsewhere
    Actually I have been sneezing a lot lately.

ladonna
    Do you notice this when you are just sitting quietly reading a post? Not surfing around? If so, it's a sudden rev up of received data.

Today it started right in the middle of trying to post. But I do have a dial up modem. I'll pay more attention to 'when' it starts doing that.

Thanks all very mucho appreciatedo
    plmkrzy

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit