Who is more likely to die at Armageddon?

by Terry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Those in Judea in 70AD.

• Terry
    Terry

If an inept JW knocks on your door ...

and your "chance" is blown by crappy presentation...

aren't you better off NOT having anybody knock on your door?

• james_woods
    james_woods

In JW terms, the only likely survivors of Armageddon (who are not active witnesses) are probably peasants in Red China who have not been reached by the watchtower sellers.

• Terry
    Terry

In other words, don't JW's do more HARM than good in delivering their vapid cartoon message?

Who is more likely to die at Armageddon: the person who never heard the JW message or the one who hears it all mucked up?

JW's, most of them, are amateurs.

They do more harm than good.

Ask the average JW "How many people have you studied with that have been baptised?"

The number any of them have "helped" is vanishingly small.

The door to door work is like botched brain surgery.

The JW has to conclude all they are doing is endangering people's chances.

• blondie
    blondie

Not the people the jws expect. I read on here that if jws truly believed the end was near and non-jws were at great risk, they should sell their belongings and preach especially where there are few jws..........hahahaha........never will happen.

So when is it coming, Armageddon..........I'll be dead naturally in 40 years. Living forever in the WTS paradise would be "hell" on earth.

Blondie

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I suspect YHWH operates on the idea, "Kill them all, and let Elohim sort them out".

PS I call dibs on having preached to all the "uninhabited Nations". No expressions of thanks needed, by y'all: jus' doin' my part to help. ;)

(And what purpose does the "inhabited" adjective add to that statement? Is it even possible for a Nation to BE uninhabited? Are they all away, invading a neighboring country? Does that count as a "not at home", so you just leave a pamphlet, instead?)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It was something that troubled me as a young teen - that my inability to preach such an important message would result in the deaths of those I called on. In contrast, I was recently talking to an elderly JW (of about 40 + years) and we discussed how they had never actually converted anyone...but they said as soon as they got someone interested, they would pass them on to someone else who was better at 'going in for the kill' so to speak. So it isn't about the 'heart condition' of the person, but the sales/manipulation ability of the JW.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

MWC said:

So it isn't about the 'heart condition' of the person, but the sales/manipulation ability of the JW.

And that, I suspect is the allure of it: they are 'selling' something, even though no money changes hands. They're using their personal powers of persuasion, charm, charisma, to convince another to do something. I've done sales, so fully understand the dynamic.

Whether they realize it not, their ego is intimately involved in what they do, and they find it challenging, fun, enjoyable, even though they're not paid a dime for it.

• scary21
    scary21

Don't JW say if someone has not heard the good news, they will have a chance in the new system ? Yes they get 1,000 yrs to decide ....lol...what a joke ! If what they teach were the truth, I

wonder who would be the worst person in the new world ? Who would be the best person destroyed ? There has to be a cut off point right ? The person that made it by the skin of their teeth....

and the person that missed the mark by the smallest tiny fraction.. Same goes for hell, and heaven.......Best person in hell. worst person in heaven.....I'd go for the biggest sinner in heaven...lol...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit