by happy-n-alive 19 Replies latest jw friends

• happy-n-alive
    happy-n-alive

recent events refer to me and my bf who isnt a jw. we started talking a yr ago. i guess i was naive at the time but i went to my study conductors for advice because i thought of them as friends and because the magazines advised you to go to older ones for advice lol. suffice to say i was given the 'unequally yoked' and marriage speech which led to me breaking things off with my bf. we got back together a month later and have been together eversince only this time i didnt mention it. since then my study always seems to go back to marriage regardless of what we're talking about. before i was able to block out aspect i didnt like (like the term 'wordly' because i have really great non jw friends) but after seeing their hostility then it has made it hard not to notice certain things said in the study, at meetings and especially at this year's convention. i was going to take steps to get baptise but i have decided to focus on school for now and make the decision on if it is the right place for me later.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you!

Always trust your instincts.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Welcome happy-n-alive!

Continue learning.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome. Unfortunately, many Jehovah's Witnesses are recruited that way. They want to learn what the bible teaches and they make the mistake of trusting in people (witnesses) who in turn put all their trust in other people (the governing body). This governing body is no more directed by god than Papa Smurf is. Likewise the edicts, rules and regulations that come from them are nothing more than their own opinions and biases.....only....portrayed as though they are God's.

Those that want to "learn more about the bible" are eager to listen. And the JW indoctrinational/propaganda machine is as well oiled as they come.

Those that are down on their luck are ripe for the picking. What other organization promises a new world without pain soon?

Those that have lost a loved one are also targeted. What other organization promises that you'll be able to see your dead loved one right here on the earth again?

If you're depressed......or you've lost a loved one......or you want to understand the bible better.....etc etc....it does not matter. There is always an opportunity for the JWs to come in and indoctrinate.

glad to see that you've actually analyzed instead of allowing yourself to be indoctrinated with their pipe dreams.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome and glad you joined.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Welcome, and I'm glad you got back together with your boyfriend.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Happy: WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! You are welcome here to ask questions any time.

Kojack

• clarity
    clarity

In order to stay Happy may I suggest that studying with a CULT isn't the way to go!

A big welcome to you Happy.

>

The reason I am still around after 50 years in a cult ..is that they have my kids!

>

If I am open about not believing in the watchtower anymore they will make sure the

>

kids have nothing to do with me..as well as any friends (actually, they can keep the so called friends!)

>

The deal is all bait & switch ... you agree to study the bible, haha you're are really studying

printed-up magazines & books.

>

An amazing thing ... they give you all the answers embedded in the paragraphs ...

But, they also give you the questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK about that!

>

In the bible, Jesus says to get baptised in the name of the father, son and holy ghost (spirt).

The watchtower will baptise you into the jw ORGANIZATION!

>

Keep you eyes open and keep asking questions ....

They have no power over you!

Actually I want to say run as fast as you can ........away!!!!

clarity

• finally awake
    finally awake

welcome, and keep reading here. you don't want to be where I am in 20 years - regretting all the time and energy you wasted trying to please a publishing company that has less of the "Truth" than used car salesman trying to unload inventory.

• flipper
    flipper

Happy n Alive- Nice to have you here ! You are among friends who understand what you've been through. Look forward to your comments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit