by happy-n-alive 19 Replies latest jw friends

• happy-n-alive
    happy-n-alive

hi, um..i've been looking at this site for a while and decided to join. i'm 20 and have been studying since i was 14 (not a publisher) but i honestly didnt really look into the witnesses or analyze what they said. all i wanted was to learn more of the bible lol, but recent events have made me notice how pushy they can be. Anyways, not sure what to say in a first post. so..hi :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome! Tell us your story or share any particular issues and/or insights you have.

Enjoy the rest of your life.

00DAD

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Hello happy-n-alive!!

Welcome!

Great first post!

~Faerie

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Hi happy! Glad to have you here. How did you come to start studying? Is your family JW's?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. Let's hope the info you can access online will save you from becoming entrenched in a lifestyle you'd regret.

Loz x

• yknot
    yknot

Glad you joined!

So what 'recent events' exactly are you talking about?

~huggles!

• happy-n-alive
    happy-n-alive

thanx for the welcome :)

no one in my immediate family are witnesses. ive heard i have some distant (really distant) family who are but i'm not sure. i started studying because a lady knocked on my door and asked if i wanted to, lol. not the best of reasons but i didnt have anything better to do. the study wasnt consistent at first, mostly off and on. i started going meetings a little over 2 years ago (my mother doesnt like jws so that was partially why i wasnt going)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome.

Just want to say that you're not studying the Bible, only what Watchtower says that the Bible says.

Please don't make the mistake that I did.

You can study AND benefit from the Bible on your own.

Just ask for Holy Spirit from the Father.

Love and understanding to you.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• umadevi
    umadevi

Hello happy an n alive! Welcome to JWN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit