Lets pretend the JW's are right for a moment...

by puffthedragon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Anyone who exercises free will shall be instantly vaporized.

Well, not exactly, since "free will" description only applies to any decision which God hasn't already issued a law/rule about.

If you violate Divine Will, then YOU will be instantly vaporized, but that's becuase Divine Will over-rides man's exercise of his own free will.

No doubt the rules will be so well-defined and fleshed out, that there will be little if anything not already dictated by Decree of God, and hence little left to exercise one's "free will" (eg "do you want vanilla or chocolate ice cream for dessert?"). Might as well be made into a robot, if you don't want to die (and there's always instant suicide, if you don't want to play along any longer).

• Bella15
    Bella15

Can't help but laugh at this ... sorry ... I can not even entertain the idea of them as a "NON-PROFIT CORPORATION" being right .... LOL!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Perfect, imperfect, even friggin ANGELS that are much closer and instructed directly by God (according to the book of Job) turned away. A whole 1/3 of them!!! Thats an awful lot!

Hey, it's not THAT bad: I'd say any manufacturing lot with a 33% failure rate is not THAT bad..... Nope, no factory defects there. And they said Steve Jobs had a reality distortion field: he's nothing, compared to YHWH. :)

I recall the 'reasoning' was that at that point, after the big A, the univerasl issue of sovereignty was settled...those that go another way...instanly killed..

Wasn't that settled with Job? Oh, I guess not: that was before the Satan character was fully fleshed out, via a Xian rewrite of the script. ;)

Wait, who's going to be serving as the judge in this matter of sovereignty? Can we expect a fair trial here? Will it be by a show of hands?

It's not like one of the parties in the matter MIGHT have a slight conflict of interest in serving as a Judge, right? :)

• SophieG
    SophieG

...Ok...people who don't toe the line...don't obey during the 100year reign get instantly killed...

I was always curious, will this be a vaporization by a bolt of lightning and we all see this person *POOF* be gone...

OR

will they just disappear (i.e. OH-OH sister so and so has not been seen since she drank too much wine at those Resurrection Parties)

OR

will there be a new 'justice' system where humans get to decide AGAIN.

I mean, we can really make up a bunch of crap about "Paradise"....

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I was always curious, will this be a vaporization by a bolt of lightning and we all see this person *POOF* be gone...

As you know, YHWH has any number of options to choose from to deliver his judgment, whether it's the slow, prolonged death (eg Adam: the poor fool apparently was thinking a day meant something other than a literal DAY! Instead, he lived to 960 years). Lot has been mentioned for instant judgment (pillar of salt), and those who touched the Ark of the Covenant (even when trying to keep it from hitting the ground!) were instantly struck dead by unknown mechanisms (heart attack? Stroke? Maybe the guy was so overwhelmed by believing he was in the presence of God and the strain of lifting, he experienced a heart attack? And instead of everyone standing around, someone should've started CPR?).

Point being, God has a veritable menu of choices from which to choose, and you do NOT want to make him do that!!!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Sorry im not allowed to drink on the job

That's why you find a job where you are supposed to drink on the job :)

• SophieG
    SophieG

As you know, YHWH has any number of options to choose from to deliver his judgment, whether it's the slow, prolonged death (eg Adam: the poor fool apparently was thinking a day meant something other than a literal DAY! Instead, he lived to 960 years). Lot has been mentioned for instant judgment (pillar of salt), and those who touched the Ark of the Covenant (even when trying to keep it from hitting the ground!) were instantly struck dead by unknown mechanisms (heart attack? Stroke? Maybe the guy was so overwhelmed by believing he was in the presence of God and the strain of lifting, he experienced a heart attack? And instead of everyone standing around, someone should've started CPR?).

Point being, God has a veritable menu of choices from which to choose, and you do NOT want to make him do that!!!

King Solomon!!! ROFL! Touche.

But see... all these folks that are gung ho about Paradise are going to be traumatized by any of the above mentioned routes of instant retribution happneing on a regular basis.

Can you imagine waking up, going outside (and you look across your beautiful lawn with the lion cubs rolling around) and across the way is a pillar of salt that looks like Sister Sue frozen in a 'drop -it -like- it's-hot' pose...all because she was secretly playing hip-hop (that she hoarded pre-Armageddon) instead of the Kingdom Melodies....????

LOL!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Sophie, No IPODS in the new system?!? How will we ever survive?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Obviously the Almighty will install a microchip that will remove all errant human desires, like lust, greed, selfishness, ambition, fear, pain, curiosity and pride. Sounds like a pretty aweful place to live doesnt it? I think I will pass, as FUBAR as the earth is right now, I prefer it to the JW alternative fantasy Island,,,,,

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Sophie G, Your quoting the fate of Lots wife is interesting. According to recent archeological findings and corroberated by carbon dating and genetic testing, Lot's wife was not actually turned into a pillar of Salt. It is now confirmed it was pepper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit