Lets pretend the JW's are right for a moment...

by puffthedragon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Don't worry, I'm not loosing my mind. But whether you are Christian, Agnostic, Atheist, Thor-worshipper or otherwise, just pretend with me for a moment.

Armageddon comes and wipes out wicked people. There is a resurection and some kind of test and the ones that pass make it into the glorious new world.

How long would it last before a revolt? The history of the bible shows that even humans being blessed by God turn away from him en masse. Perfect, imperfect, even friggin ANGELS that are much closer and instructed directly by God (according to the book of Job) turned away. A whole 1/3 of them!!! Thats an awful lot!

So my question is, how long before all (or a significant number) of these perfect people in paradise revolt, and disobey what their creator tells them? How long before the whole world became "wicked" again?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

My study conductor said they would get zapped instantly if they disobeyed in the new system.

• out4good3
    out4good3

My study conductor said they would get zapped instantly if they disobeyed in the new system.

My wife thinks that as well.

If true, there's going to be as much death post new system as there is now.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I pretended that for 25 years.

They're not.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Anyone who exercises free will shall be instantly vaporized.

• Sulla
    Sulla

I thnk that the JW idea is that those who pass the final test have proven to be the kinds of people who don't disobey. That's not who they are. Also, since all the laws will be perfectly just and all needs will be taken care of, nobody would ever have any reason to sin.

It is a bit shallow, I agree.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Sorry im not allowed to drink on the job

• mouthy
    mouthy

me either

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Revolt? Never! They are Jehovah's PERFECT witnesses(TM). They are all sinless now almost. How much more sinless will they be in paradise with a panda?

Oh, the very thought! The former things will have passed away. No more 'worldly'(TM) people and things, no more Satan(TM)

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Anyone who exercises free will shall be instantly vaporized.

hmmm, so was Lot's wife a forgleam of what will happen in the new system? And if so, does that mean incest will be ok again? So, to make sure I got it right, turning back to see the most awesome fireworks display bad. Getting drunk and nailing your daughter, good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit