Punk got shunned HURRAH!!!!

by punkofnice 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Nugget

They serve to make themselves ridiculous through this stupid practice. It just reinforces to me that if I had never been part of this stupid cult then I would never have known these people and they would never have known me. It just is reseting the clock to where it should be. To suggest that by bullying another human being they will want to return to the congregation is a nonsense. arrogance and self righteousness have never been attractive qualities.
    We love you, and having met you in person I can say it is their loss.
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hey Punky!!!

I'd never shun ya! You sound like someone I'd be happy to greet and have a coffee with!

Hang in there mate!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I experience a mixture of emotions when I get "the shun", half annoyed...half amused. I give the biggest smile I can and say hi anyway, then laugh it off. It still hurts when it is a friend or someone you had a history with, but you are right, none of the thoughts that run through my head when it get shunned include remorse or a desire to go back. It just makes me ashamed that I used to be the one who shunned people, I become angry with myself for being a heartless drone, it is just sick.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for your lovely replies folks. It's good to know how others feel on the subject.

The first time I got shunned a whole family saw me and turned their backs on me quite deliberately.....I just started giggling....it looked so childish. I haven't seen behaviour like that since I was in infant's school.

It was 'nyah, nyah, nyah, nyaaaaah, nyaar....we're not playing with you!'

So childish and infantile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit