JW Elder Talks About the Aurora Victims - This is Quite Sick

by God_Delusion 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys & gals,

The news about the Aurora victims has spread worldwide and even in tiny Cyprus do our hearts go out to the victims families.

Unfortunately, the Watchtower Society doesn't see it that way.
    My latest article discusses what was said about the Aurora victims in yesterdays public talk. I do advise that some of what you'll read is quite disturbing, especially if you're not accustomed to WBT (Watchtower Brainwashing Techniques).

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/cult/mourn-the-aurora-victims/

Love, Teeny Pyjamas

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can quite imagine that line being spouted by an elder.

It sums up their holier than thou attitude.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And if one of the victims had been a JW, their demise would have been because they were someplace they should not have been as a Christian.

Of course, the family that got killed driving home from the convention........how do they explain that? (Oh yeah. Time & unforseen occurance.)

Doc

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

These new Batman films are not the 'BIFF, WHAAAAP & WALLOP' Batman films I remember as a child, they are dark & ambivalent as to who's the good guy. So I do wonder at taking young children to see films of this nature.

I would doubt very much that the WT HQ would have directly contacted him & told him what to say in his talk as they do not do that. He is given an existing outline that has been heard over & over & over & for the past 10 years or so & it is up to him how he pads it out to make it relevant to the latest news etc.

HOWEVER I am not surprised that there was no human feelings shown toward these 'Worldly' people.

Hoab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

There was a group from my hall that went to see this movie on opening day. The group included two elders and one of the elder's pre-teen son.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I wouldn't fault the reasoning on not seeing the movie at that time, and I wouldn't fault the belief that The Dark Knight is a family movie. Most crime and accidents happen at night. There are curfews in most places for teenagers. These reasonings are shared by people who are not religious. The fact that there was no sympathy given should not be a surprise by the Witnesses. The whole doctrine is like a prelude to destruction. They need a sign of chaos in the world to validate the beliefs.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Sick, sick sick. Once again it's a self-congratuatory, self-validating statement that proves that:

1. The rest of the world is evil.

2. Everyone who died deserved it because why the hell would anyone be watching a movie at midnight anyway?

Rotten bastards. It is truy sick that these people gain comfort and satisfaction from the suffering of others. Love for neighbour? Bullshit. They despise them. No, they envy them.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

You're right when you think you've heard it all from the wtbs they take it to another level.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Absolutely not surprised!

I can't tell you how many times I've heard comments like this from the platform....HOWEVER you will never hear them refer to people like Candace Conti and how she was hurt as a child.

OT...but just shows the warped attitude of some folks: I recall a brother posting on a social site about the WTS 28mil judgement on the Conti case and saying: "OUCH!". Yes, "ouch" to the WTS being hit financially, but not "ouch" to the 9 year old who was abused. I mean what is wrong with these people, have they NO HEART?

• Magi
    Magi

This shows you why the dubs can't and won't leave there religion. If they do one wrong thing (like watching a movie about a vigilante at midnight) it'll mean death for them. Adam and Eve did one wrong thing and death was the consequence. Children mocking Elisha = shebear on their ass. How many examples in the bible do we have if you slip up one time, its your life on the line. JWs live in fear constantly of not just losing their immortality but also their mortality, it could happen anytime. And when people die from uncommon actions, they're quick to say that person must have done something wrong. Soooo messed up. Those people got mowed down and instead of feeling remorse or anger at the shooter, this elder says they died because they were sinners. Yep, sounds like the witlesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit