New here ish, my story.

by Rawrities 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the forum Rawrities. We have experience, education and even wisdom............... use this place as a valuable resource.

• Rawrities
    Rawrities

Thanks everyone :)

I have read a lot of stuff from jwfacts, very amazed at the stuff I found. I dont think ill dump it to my mother though.

She understands me but is still sucked in to it. But in the end, if shes happy, then w/e as long as she doesnt choose it over me when I decide to leave.

So if dont go all the way (get dunk in the water), and decide to leave, she cant shun me right?

That is the biggest thing I am afraid of. She and my two sisters are the only family I have. I would hate to not be able to talk to them :(

• flipper
    flipper

RAWRITIES- Welcome indeed to the board ! You are among friends here . We understand what you've been dealing with in the hypocrisy of the JWs you've dealt with. The hypocrisy bothered me a lot before I stopped attending as well 9 years ago. Hang in there kiddo. I'm so glad to see you've got college in your plans. Good for you. It will help be a springboard for your freedom away from the Witnesses who try to hold you in captivity. Take care my friend, we are here for you

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

" ...and how I slowly started to lose my mind. "

You haven't lost your mind at all. It's the people surrounding you that have surrendered their minds to a cult and all the ugly cult-thinking that goes with it.

"So if dont go all the way (get dunk in the water), and decide to leave, she cant shun me right?"

If you're not baptized, you can't be DFd. However, there are still plenty of JWs that treat their unbaptized family as if they're DFd.

"That is the biggest thing I am afraid of. She and my two sisters are the only family I have. I would hate to not be able to talk to them :("

You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends. You need to build a network of normal, well-adjusted, non-JW friends.

And you're plan to move away and fade is what's worked for me.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome Rawrities. I wish I had discovered "the truth about the truth" when I was your age. I' m 58 years old now and have lived my entire life for the organisation, having only excaped about 1 1/2 years ago. Take life and run with it baby girl.

• witnomore
    witnomore

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit