New here ish, my story.

by Rawrities 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Rawrities
    Rawrities

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking at the forums for a while now, just reading the posts and trying to figure things out. Some background story of me. I am 21 years old; I have been studying since I was 18. I grew up catholic and always thought of religion as pure hypocrisy. My step dad was born into the "truth" but left it when he was in his early 20s. But every year we would go to the memorial, when I turned 18 we started to get a study. Everything seemed fine; I liked what I saw and didn’t question anything. I was seriously thinking of getting baptized when I was 19, but for one reason or the other, I didn’t. I am kind of glad.

The biggest thing that made me realize that this couldn’t be God's chosen organization wasn’t so much what I was being taught, but how people were. Hypocrites, spreading rumors, talking crap about others, how they lived a double life, how the elders were. During high school I was friends with this boy, we had the same classes and liked the same things so it was fun to talk to him. When we graduated I introduced him to this game called "World of Warcraft", which I play quite a bit. With that game we started playing a lot, and got to know each other, I learned that he was a Jehovah’s Witness and he learned that I was studying. From then on we started hanging out a lot (something he didn’t do before) at the time I didn’t know why, but now I understand that before he couldn’t really talk to me because I was "worldly". So anyways, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I went along with it. His mother didn’t like me at all, you could tell, he didn’t tell his mom that we were going out till like 2 weeks later, and his father, being an elder never found out. I always questioned why and later years, I found out why he never told his father. I felt dirty, like I was doing something wrong, but I didn’t know why we had to keep it a secret. From the double dates that we would go to with his sister and her boyfriend, I found out that his father, the elder, also didn’t know that she was dating someone, his mom was the one who would take those places. It was sort of upsetting to hear. How can she lie to him? He ended up breaking up with me after asking to marry him, which confused the hell out of me. It was all really upsetting. Two days later he says we should give it another change. One day later, breaks up with me again (all this through text). Like with? I later found out his mother had something to do with it. But it made me angry that them being "Jehovah’s Witness" they acted like that...

Another that made me think about things. The congregation I used to go to, I stopped going because I couldn’t make the times, I started going to another. This sister came to visit us to have lunch with us, as she was getting off; I noticed she was talking to an elder (this elder lives 2 minutes away walking from our house, right in front of us (could have gone himself to ask us not mention it to her)). When she walked in, she told my mother and me that the elder told her that we needed help. That we weren’t going to the meetings, and that we were doing very bad things. The sister mentioned that we (My mother and I) had been attending another congregation because we couldn’t make those times. He stood quiet and told her that he "heard" from other sisters that I had gotten pregnant, and ran off with my boyfriend. What is wrong with these people? Such a disappointment.

It slowly made me realize it wasn’t a "God's chosen" religion. I started to question their changes, their teachings; I encountered this website and was amazed. Blondie’s' comments in particular. I had spoken to my mom about some of the issues I find (She is the only I told about how disappointed I am). She agrees with it, but always brings up that it’s the best from other religions. If I were to even mention any of these to my step dad I would probably get kicked out the house. He is so ignorant and so very close minded. He contradicts himself trying to prove a point, and gets angry when told otherwise. It is so annoying.

Anyways, I am currently still attending the meetings (live with parents); I don’t go out preaching anymore or have parts in the meetings. Not so much of a choice to leave though, they have this policy where if I don’t go I get kicked out the house. I do not plan to get baptized and once I leave to university in another city, I plan to fade and then move out when I am done with school.

I am not a bad kid at all, I love drinking but I don’t get drunk, I don’t do drugs, I have always kept straight A's. I don’t go around having sex with random people, nor do I go out every weekend. It makes me upset that even though I have always been good to them, they are willing to not speak to me and kick me out if I don’t follow their religion...

That is my story and how I slowly started to lose my mind.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

hi and welcome.

Concentrate on getting a life away from home. Save as much as you can, get your degree and move on with your life.

It was a good decision not to get baptised. Get a life as much away from the JWs as you can.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Welcome! I'm in the same situation as you are where not going to meetings is not an option but with field service added. I'm also about your age and can't wait to graduate to get out. I'm glad you didn't spend much time in. Oh, and that "best from other religions" line I've heard before, and then I just don't say anything because I don't want to sound apostate.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

welcome. take your time and read more about the truth about the watchtower society and the jehovah's witnesses

i like this site:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/flip-flops.html

go down the left side, read it all...it really isn't god's chosen organization

then there's the multitude of scandals

- child/sexual abuse cover ups - look up silent lambs or candace conti

http://www.silentlambs.org/index.cfm

- toxic dumping at bethel with a cover up. the whistleblower letters are available

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/12/whistleblower-watchtowers-dump.html

- the tacoma dome scandal, where they were caught essentially stealing from the city of tacoma, washington

http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

- then there's the doctinal problems...1914 being the big one.

the good news of the kingdom is that in 1914, christ became king in heaven which signifies that the end times are near. that soon paradise on earth will be restored. 1914 is calclated from a prophecy in daniel ch. 7. they squeeze ot 2520 years from the prophecy and apply it to the year 607 bce (when they think jerusalem was destroyed. everything revolves around the year jerusalem was destroyed.

fact is...jerusalem was destroyed in 587 bce and every encyclopedia on the planet agrees with that. 607 bce is irrelevant and therefore...so is 1914 which was originally calclated by measuring the pyramids of giza...learning the falsehood of 607 is what really lifted the weight off my chest. without that, it's obvious it's all a sham.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/192813/1/607-B-C-E-A-Trip-To-The-Local-Library-With-Pictures

then there's the walsh trial that the jehovah's witnesses never talk about and in it, they admit that it is more important to believe false things than it is to stand up for truth. so much for believing that martin luther was a true witness of jehovah....

walsh trial court documents: http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/documents/1954_Walsh_Trial_Scotland.pdf

walsh trial analysis (good reads especially the last link):

http://www.witness-outreach.com/Walsh.html

http://www.witness-outreach.com/WalshFP.html

http://www.gospelway.com/religiousgroups/watchtower.php

watchtowerdocments is a wonderful site with an incredible collection of old literature that allows you to check and make sure the quotes you see in some of the other sites and such are true.

sorry for your current situation, the light really does get brighter lol. don't spring all this on the folks until you have a situation in which you don't have to rely on them. you don't want to get kicked out after all, but at least you have full on proof the jehovah's witnesses are a fraud.

hope all is well

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm very glad for you that you've seen through the WTBS at such a young age. At least when you move on your mum can't be forced to shun you since you're not baptised. I agree that you should build up as much support and friendship outside the K Hall and go off to Uni and get on with normal living ASAP. It's a good thing that the bf ended the relationship, it's saved you from years of heartache with his indecision and cult conscience. Oh and welcome to the forum, of course!

Loz x

• kimbo
    kimbo

Hello

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Rawrities!

Their fruits are indeed bad.

Jesus said that pretenders could be recognised by their fruits.

They will do anything to deny and hide their bad fruits - to avoid being recognised.

And it seems you have not been un/fortunate enough to see the worst they have to offer.

Pedophilia, incest, rape, fraud, slander, secret hatred and contempt for the unabridged gospel and for the real Jesus...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome aboard

glad to see you here, good that you have not been baptized

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Welcome! I know it's tough going tru the motions until you can fade...but we're all here for you!

Kool Jo

• umadevi
    umadevi

Hello Rawrities! You have done the wise thing by not rushing into baptism. Your plan to pursue higher education and moving away sounds good. All the best on fading!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit