My Local Congregation are Idiots

by simon17 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So I take it whoever handled the address and time on last year's invitations was not in charge this year........when things happened in the congregation I would think "so these clowns are going to be in charge in the new system!"

• ranmac
    ranmac

my sister just basicaly said the same thing the other day. Which pisses me off cuz i drove 4 hours to go to her assembly and be around her amazing bros and sis. Thats what i get for placating her.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most of those waste of paper distribution campaigns are themselves stupid. Forgetting to put the date and time and location is a simple mistake--one that will have serious effects if anyone does want to attend, but a mistake. But wasting the time distributing them to people that have to travel 300 km each way is stupid.

And what's even more stupid is when they interrupt their lives to do these waste of paper campaigns. They used to have those news releases, and once they reached the mid 30s, it became about when are they going to get one that works? When are they going to do the final warning so that will be the last one? Not to mention they were given a short time to work the whole territory, regardless of any calls they already had or anyone on the regular Do Not Call list who would get a waste of paper anyways. Then they had to follow up on any placements, usually a complete waste of time. And when it's not just a NR but an invite, it can derail the whole process of developing calls if they are already interested but they skip a few studies.

I sure hope that, at least, while they are doing their Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign, a few of those calls are put on hold long enough so the astrological aspects that led to the initial call go out of date. Like the retrograde Mercury going direct, the moon leaving their 12th house, Saturn entering an aspect that is not favorable to continue the call, Venus entering something that will disrupt their message, and so on. That is probably why the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger insists on calling within a week (before anything like that can happen). Not to mention having time to go online and do the damn research themselves.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i lived in a city that had my district convention. i never thoght about how crazy it must be for people in yuma, az or something...2-3 hours drive from san diego...to actually do. they'd have to be sure as shyt. they'd have to be like a farmer whose seen the aliens with his own two eyeballs

and that's exactly how they'd look too. because you'd have to be that nutty to believe enough to go to a convention hours away because someone told you the end was coming quick

• carla
    carla

shhh, don't tell anybody! I think it's great they didn't put the time/date on it! Maybe it was an apostate at heart who "forgot" to put the relevant info on?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

maybe the rest of the invites do have the date, time and place written or stamped in

perhaps they don't really want you to attend...

nah.... it's more likely they are just idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit