My Local Congregation are Idiots

by simon17 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simon17
    simon17

Had my semi-annual JW visit and it was the local congregation giving the invitations to the upcoming DC. The presentation was the standard 3 second "all the information is inside--goodbye" wastes which this work has become.

Just one problem...

The congregation I guess didn't realize that they had to put on the time, date and address themselves!!!! So if you thought nothing could be more wasteful than the DC invitation work, how about the DC invitation work with no information on it haha omg.

• baltar447
    baltar447

ROFL!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Maybe they let the individual pubs put the labels on themselves? And thus the fukup?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Maybe the would-be attendees will each hear the voice of Jesus, giving them personalized instructions for where and when, as the appointed time arrives?

No? It doesn't work that way? You better not let someone around here catch you saying that...

• DT
    DT

I can see why they would deliver invitations in the actual city of the convention, but they would also waste time delivering them in places that were several hours away. Who is going to drive for hours because a Witness gave them an invitation? When I was in I finally refused to do this work because it was a waste of time and made the Witnesses look insane. When I went to the convention, I saw the signs in the bathroom that said that you should only take one paper towl. I thought it was crazy that they would invite people to drive for hours so that they could be told to only take one paper towl and listen to talks about how you should shun your family. I only went to one day of that convention. A few days later I started to look for answers to my questions on the Internet. A few weeks later I sent in my letter of resignation.

Nobody wastes paper like the Watchtower Society, but they don't want you to take more than one paper towl when you use the restroom.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Well, Simon17, Nothing personal.

Typical JW* zombie. But stay tuned. You will be on their Service Meeting part.

"I left the invitation with an inactive witness. He was pleasant about it. May it motivate him to reactivate and do something about the truth."

*Jehovah's Witness

• simon17
    simon17

"I left the invitation with an inactive witness. He was pleasant about it. May it motivate him to reactivate and do something about the truth."

No no they don't know who I am! Occassionally I am their return visit for a week or two until they lazily stop coming... Lately they've just dropped stuff off and left. I've been nothing but pleasant. Perhaps my facial hair scared them away.

• flipper
    flipper

" My Local Congregation are Idiots " . Aren't most of them ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

"I left an invitation with an inactive witness a RV(return visit). He was pleasant serious about it. May it motivate him to reactivate and do something about the truth."

You, being a RV, are now for sure will be in their personal experience part on invitation work in the Service Meeting.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

If they come back,you could say,I really wanted to go to your convention. But,since there was no address or date listed,I was really disappointed.

Of course,this will lead to an invitation to the meeting,well,too late now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit