Jehovah's Witnesses vs. Pharisees

by processor 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindseye
    mindseye

Great post, processor! I have it marked for future reading. I've often remarked that the JWs are like the Pharisees, and your post goes into great detail with direct parallels.

Designs - I understand your point as well. I've often read that the Pharisees as depicted in the NT do not represent the actual school, and this depiction contributed to anti-semitism through the ages. Still, to the JWs that I know, 'Pharisee' is simply a buzzword for a self-righteous, hypocritical, rule-obsessed dogmatism. Ironically, the JW religion reflects this - so comparing them to Pharisees is a good tool to use in debates with them.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Marking for later. Looks good tho. Thanks.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Thank you for posting this, Processor!

Indeed! It was non other than elders' undeniable pharisaic behaviors(according to the Watchtower interpretation of Pharisees), that's what lead me into my journey of finding the truth about the truth.

I would like to come back later to add some more similarities on the list. Got to go for now.

• processor
    processor

Yes, I'm also very grateful to the presiding overseer for being so hypocritical and self-righteous. It was a great help to me.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hello processor.

Good work!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit