what is the dumbest thing you've been reproved/chided/df'd for?

by rather be in hades 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The "Big Bang" is more reason to believe in a God! What did your Book Study conductor believe in, a 'static universe'?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

When I was about 14, an Elder came and counselled my Mum for allowing me to wear a T Shirt depicting Christ with crown of thorns. It was actually a ''Saturday Evening Post Pioneer'' TShirt (quite popular at time - anyone else remember them?) depicting an aviator with his flying goggles on his head.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've got a hankering for fish and chips now!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Rocky_Girl, wow...talk about thought control at its finest. Reproved because you were not repentant enough, in something you had nothing to do with. Sheesh. Well I am glad you are free! Sorry you had to go thru that.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

@ nvr2l8 - I remember when a young pioneer brother's "spirituality" was questioned when he bought a two-door car.

@isaacaustin - I was young, naive, and headstrong. I look back and laugh because it was so ridiculous. My mom didn't believe me when I told her what happened and it caused a rift between us for a long time. I am happy to be free!!

• jam
    jam

Winning the top prize on A TV game show.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

For having a kitten in my home when, apparently, the local council didn't allow them.

• rebel8
    rebel8

because a friend of mine wrote in her diary that she had a dream about me getting drunk and giving a guy she liked a lap dance.

lmao!! That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

I was removed from my sister's wedding party because some witless said she saw me in a truck with a bearded man, smoking, unchaperoned. I refused to talk to the elders about it. I simply told my mother this did not occur, there were not 2 witnesses (because it didn't happen) and there was nothing to discuss. So I was considered bad association and punished.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Letting my daughter play on the school Volleyball team......What the hell was I thinking??? Don't you know what volleyball can lead to?? Um....no.

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

I did one of those joke quizzes on Facebook circa 2007, "Which Creature Are You", and my result was vampire... so I got a marking talk all of my own! and a personal visit from the elders with prayer because vampires are from Satan and magic, and good JWs don't believe in magic or participate in things from Satan or think they are creatures from Satan. They tried to hold my hand and pray with me even my cats wouldn't go near them, they sat and hissed and glared the entire time lol. I recorded the marking talk and played it for my friends at work, who knew I was leaving, and we had many many lols. It was the most ridiculous thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit