New here

by konceptual99 60 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
    justmom

Hello and welcome konceptua99

All familar sound and stories.

My husband and I and three sons 12,8,and 6 at the time did leave together. (of course children will follow parents if they feel secure)

That has been 13 1/2 years agao and we have NEVER been happier.

My husband partook at memorial inside, was a servant and I was a pioneer.

For us it only took two weeks. Apparantely "stuff" in our hearts were asking although we were very organizational people. Husband born-in, me since 7!

The biggest eye opener for us was that holy spirit showed us that the WTBS was NOT and had NEVER been the "TRUTH". Jesus was the real truth and joining yourself to him by entering into the new covenant and allowing holy spirit to dwell inside you individually and going through jesus as the Door, not man-made organization (Jah doesn't dwell inside them since 70 c.e. remember its in people now and Israel has been scattered)....that helped us tremendously.

All the man-made doctrines and do's and don't are laws that they not only themselves do not live up, but try to make their sheep live up to them and judge them accordingly when they so-called fail! (just like the pharisees)

This entity has enslaved Gods true people, those whose hearts don't need a written law. The law is written on their hearts. They know how to live and be a good samaritan....

but it was our choice for some of us for many years to allow ourselves to continue to be misled, (coming under men in charge/feeding us milk as babes and never actually maturing)

But those that truly love jah/ and his son will wake up and ask to see and hear with spiritual eyes and hears. (all of us at different times) They will follow the lamb wherever he goes, but first we must quit touching the unclean thing, this wicked entity, so that he can take us in under his wing.

You have family I see. ALL of our family is still inside and yes we are disfellowshipped! We did lose them and our family business with them but it was a compromise we could not live with and not be true to Him and ourselves.

We have always been all or nothing kind of people. For this the elders resented us when we told them that you trained us WELL. Very WELL to overcome opposition at the doors in service. Now....the tables have turned. Oooh well.......

We cannot continue to knock on doors and spread lies to people out of a uninspired Watchtower that you call "food at the proper time"

For us it was not an option. For you if you continue to ask and actually see, it will get harder for you to stay in. My prayers are with you and your family. That their hearts will be opened together with yours.

We have never been happier and although we miss our family terribly, we continue to pray for their release from bondage and share and give a witness whenever spirit and love moves us to. But we realize can't MAKE folks change!!!

With Love

justmom

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome K99, You are wise to seek advice from those who have been in very much the same situation. As you have probably gathered, there is more than one "right way" to handle "the truth about the Truth".

In the 9 months since I've been mentally out (Hubby and I were already inactive due to health reasons) I have experienced numerous changes in belief, as well as changes in what I want to do about it. The admonition to take things slowly can't be overemphasized!!! What you believe today may not be the same tomorrow.

A poster here (can't remember who) said "If the beliefs/doctrines were watertight, I could accept the control." That REALLY hit home to me because I, like you, knew there are serious errors. If the religion is really spirit directed, why is that pesky spirit so frequently wrong?

Even though my JW roots date to before 1900 I blindly followed the "family religion" and had never read any publications that came before me.(the 50's) BIG MISTAKE. Had I bothered to do this I would have realized what WACKY ideas this group was founded on. I would have spared myself and my children much misery. I encourage you to research the organization from the beginning and read for yourself what they have actually printed. Best of luck!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of welcomes, Konceptual!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Congrats on "waking up"! Don't feel obligated to make any sudden decisions, it's not like armageddon is coming tomorrow. As far as the wife and kids, make sure they know that you really love them and they are important to you. Encourage them to think. Give yourself some time to make plans for the future, and opportunities will present themselves.

At the moment, it sounds like things are fairly peaceful in your JW world. All it takes is a new CO coming around and the local congregation can become a fighting mess. Back when I was in that "what should I do since things aren't THAT bad and I don't know what else to do or how to do it" situation, a terrible CO came along and made my exit plans really come together. And along the way, I found out who my real friends were and weren't.

• simon17
    simon17

If the "truth" is really not the "truth" then what's the point of subjecting myself and my family to the rules and regulations?

You can relax those though. If you're not so strict about it, you and your kids will be fine for a while. If you allow your kids to keep an open mind, they will likely come to the same conclusions you have no come to and end up drifting away on their own.

If I were you, there is no rush. Things are peaceful. However, you should be making a long term plan in the back of your mind. You've questioned enough things, and now by posting will be exposed to so many more things that are questionable at best. Once getting to this point, you're not going to ever go back. So think of where your wife is, how she thinks, and how eventually you were tell her how you feel.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I just want to say Welcome! Things may seem impossible now, but as you learn more about the truth about the "truth" and how to get through to your wife and kids, freedom won't seem so impossible.

• umadevi
    umadevi

Welcome Konceptual!

• flipper
    flipper

KONCEPTUAL- It's really great to have you here ! I really feel you're definitely not alone in having your doubts ! Lots of us started to fade away from the WT organization due to doubts and it's starting to become a landslide of people exiting I believe. Please know that you have a good support group here. O.K. ? Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i want to point out that kids are remarkably good at hiding the truth from their parents. i think most of us could attest to that.

if you want an honest open relationship with your kids, at the very least you need to find some way of letting them be normal kids and being honest about what you know. of course you have to use yor discretion as to how you break the news with them. i dnno them lol, but i think you;ll make the right decision. whether it's a gentle fade, or abrupt like ripping off a bandaid, think it over, take some time.

the isolation that comes with being a jw is a big issue. i think if you go over some of the stories of people leaving, especially those born or raised as jehovah's witnesses, then yo'll see a lot of pain as they come out as young adults with little to no clue how to handle the outside world after having been sheltered for so long. the teenage years - mid 20s seem to be an awful hard time to deal with leaving. it certainly was for me.

if you do a slow fade, i wold suggest encouraging them to do after school stuff and to make friends at school. get them involved now.

hope all is well

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!!! Lots of good advice here. For now keep your identity secret and mouth closed. Do some reading. Show your family lots of love and spend extra time with them on FUN short weekend trips AWAY from the hall. A good time will be had by all!! A little exposure to the outside world is good. Some natural history and history on TV, some CDs, perhaps a museum or two might start to get them thinking.... Open those minds and hearts. A lot can be found in PDFs or online so you do not have to bring "Apostate" material into the house. (Clear your search history).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit