The special blue envelopes and the database.....

by stuckinamovement 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Every judicial case has a form that is filled out after the decision to disfellowshipped is made. The form includes the reasons for the action, a brief synopsis of the case. It is then stuck in a special blue envelope and mailed to the branch. I am sure that the information is entered into a database of some sort. Can you imagine the liability that the society will have if information on hundreds of thousands of individuals is placed onto the Internet? I think the whole disfellowshipping policy is terrible and unscriptural at best.

If I found out that a so called "clergy penitent" document about myself was out on the net potentially affecting my reputation I would have a lawyer filing a suit so quickly it's not even funny. The organizations arrogance is their undoing. They will say that any judicial proceedings are "confidential" yet they instruct the elders to file a report with details so the branch can track it. They want to have ultimate control over the lives of their subjects. This in itself will be the very thing that contributes to their demise.

Note: I am not talking about pedophiles. I am thinking of the man or woman who made a mistake 10 years in the past and now has this mistake posted online potentially affecting their ability to be hired or married or whatever. The simple fact is that the society keeps a lot of dirt on a lot of people. Release of this is going to be the biggest snafu in the history of the organization.

I hope it destroys them.

Siam

• 00DAD
    00DAD

SIAM: I hope it destroys them.

Amen to that brother!

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'd be curious to read my file!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

We used to joke at bethel "special blues come in twos".

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

That was something that stuck out to me in Crisis of Conscience. Ray mentions the files and files that are kept at Bethel marked "DO NOT DESTROY" which are the dirty secrets on anyone who has been before a JC.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I was never disfellowshipped. But, I'd like to be. I'll make up my own offense:

Skeeter: Disfellowshipped for display of Sparlock Gnome (ok, really a Travelocity Gnome) in garden.

THAT's what I want to be disfellowshipped for.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Welll, I know I have a file with the WTS. Like SIAM, I marvel at the arrogance of these men who style themselves "Christian" and yet have done things that only those who hate liberty and freedom would ever endorse. "But their end shall be according to their works." I hope I'm around to see it.

Quendi

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SKEETER1 - that would be the BRAZEN display of a Sparlock gnome

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, BRAZEN display! It was a BRAZEN display! LOL.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i agree it would be epic, but i would frankly be stunned that they'd be so stupid. boy this is going to be an interesting next couple days. if anon gets either that or the pedophile list, its game over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit