Are Jehovah's Witnesses in Denial?

by God_Delusion 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Howdy guys & gals,

Do you remember the good old days on here when there were trolls aplenty? It's such a shame those days are behind us. But, as all good things must come to an end, it seems as though this forum has matured to the state where even if a troll was seen galavanting around the JWn hills, no one would give a damn.

On the other hand, take my website - JWB - it's two and a bit years old now and finally coming into its own. The best thing that's happened in recent weeks is the trolling. I decided to run a campaign on Facebook and to my surprise, Facebook approved the ads. Unfortunately, all the JW's that are interested in "Jehovah", "Watchtower" and the like, weren't too pleased. A massive amount of Jehovah's Witnesses (or so they say) have started attacking us with petulant posts, either within the articles we write or on our Facebook Page.

Andrew, one of the JWB authors and my closest friend, frankly had enough of them today and so wrote this article - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jehovahs-witness-beliefs/jehovahs-witness-denial/

If I am honest, I quite like the recent trolling activity. After all, bad publicity is good publicity. When JW's attack us, don't they realise how it looks to someone that is merely interested? Obviously not. I mean, I've written a few articles that talk about what it'll be like after Armageddon - you know - when all the good Brothers and Sisters will be shovelling dead babies into common graves. Instead of trying to shed some positive light on that horrid fact, we get "and we can't wait to see the crows pecking out your eyes" comments.

The fact remains - since the beginning of JWB, we have set the JWB Guarantee, which states that if someone can disprove any part of an article we've published, we'll take it down and provide an apology. Since January 2010, we've not recieved one email challenging us. Pity.

When are they going to learn? Hopefully never...

Regards,
    Jaymes

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

got distracted with your pick up lines funny funny

• james_woods
    james_woods

"We never said anything would happen in 1975 - some of the brothers just ran ahead of the organization and dissappointed themselves."

No - no denial there...

hahahahaha

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

1985..."we know we are so so close to the end because the number of annointed is going down every year"

2005- oops it's going up..... well that's because there are more insane people in the Truth cuz Satan is after us.... Let's not look at the numbers the End is so so close

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

From the start my wife told me, "I live my life in a state of denial."

I thought she was just being funny!

• SophieG
  • God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Cheers for compliment Found Sheep.

The funny thing is that the chat up lines really do work - not directly, but most sisters think you're funny, or desperate. Chances are they are too (not funny, but deperate).

Before you know it, you're in a chaperoned date.

Anyway, back on point - they are all in denial. To deny that proves my point.

I wrote an article a while back that pointed to the fact that more than 90% of JW's don't really believe in what they preach. If they did - if they really believed that the end was so close - they would have sold their homes, rented a bedsit and pioneered 10 hours a day.

Regards,
    Jaymes

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The JWs you find online are an odd bunch. Since WT constantly tells the faithful to avoid social networking and everything online, except their website, the obedient and perhaps more intelligent dubs stay away. So the ones that troll online aren't obedient to mother and are typically lacking in things like intelligence, honesty, and social skills. So they make JWs look like goofballs.

It reminds me of how often there would be a "Local Needs" talk about attending all the meetings and dressing modestly. Yet, the "Local Needs" talk was given on a weeknight when the 50% of the congregation that are at every meeting and dressed too modestly (turtlenecks, jackets, and ankle-length skirts on grandmas) are the only ones there to hear the counsel. So, the 50% that miss most meetings and dress immodestly never hear the counsel that's intended for them. Similarly, WT tells the JWs to stay off-line, so the faithful stay away and the crazies keep posting. So what does WT do? More of the same! Counsel the JWs to stay off-line, so the crazies keep posting... It's a vicious cycle. Don't ya just love it?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Witnesses live in their own reality. I know since I used to be one. The only information I ever looked at came from the Watchtower Society.

Once in awhile,something would make me stop and think,is this right? But,then,I would just let it in "Jehovah's hands".

But,after many years,all those cracks of information came pouring in,and it couldn't be stopped. Some of those Witnesses posting will be the same ones that will eventually join this forum.

My first apostate site I read was Randy Watters Bethel experiences. I remember shutting the computer down,and praying for Jehovah's forgiveness. I didn't look at other "apostate" informaton until a couple years later,and it wasn't until then,that I was ready to process it all.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

1985..."we know we are so so close to the end because the number of annointed is going down every year"

2005- oops it's going up..... well that's because there are more insane people in the Truth cuz Satan is after us.... Let's not look at the numbers the End is so so close

Amen sister. If the numbers are going down....the end is close. If the numbers are going up.....the end is close

If murder rates go up then man is dominating man to his injury and the greater love has cooled off. The end is close. If murder rates go down then watch out! For just as in the days of Noah.......

Did I mention....the end is close?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit