Jerry Springer & Shows Like His

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you ever watch it? Have you ever been on a show like that?

Where do they get these people? Do you think they are for real???

• james_woods
    james_woods

Annoying as he may be - where else would we learn about Nazi Lesbian Nuns with Eating Disorders?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

For about 5 minutes I watched one of his shows a long time back. My estimate is viewers lose around 500 brain cells for each quarter-hour wasted staring at that thing. It’s a circus act with costumes and all.

Marvin Shilmer

marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• minimus
    minimus

haha marvin

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

They get the people from all over... That's why they can find such weirdos. Power of numbers. LOL. Its not all weird, though... There's a lot of coaching that goes on. I can totally believe some of the crazy stuff that they headline, though.

• minimus
    minimus

Who/where are these people??

• Glander
    Glander

I don't watch Springer but I have come across Maury Povich and been snagged for a couple of minutes while he revealed DNA tests to prove who was the father of a young womans illigitimate child. The mother provides the name but frequently gets it wrong, 3 or 4 guys in a row!

Sad. I think I am accurate in my observation that these subjects are almost always young black mothers on welfare.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Here in the UK we have the Jeremy Kyle show, a slightly sanitised version. It features a small, obnoxious, immensely arrogant host berating, insulting and generally belittling the "guests" whose issues generally involve an inability to control their genitalia.

Personally, I think they find the guests by throwing a big net over a Lidl, (or Wal-Mart, I guess) and dragging the pond life out.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Unfortunately, almost my entire in-law side could be on the Springer show!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I can't stand shows like Jerry Springer. It says a lot about our Society,since his show has been on for quite awhile.

The Jeremy Kyle show is in the states now.

What irritates me most,is there are some good talk shows,like Bonnie Hunt had one. She was fun and witty. And her show didn't last but one or two seasons. I guess it didn't cater to the lowest demoniator of human behavior.

As for the guests on Jerry Springer,I bet half are made-up. My brother in California had neigbors who were on the show. And he said their story was fake. I'm sure some are true.

But,if your significant other has something important to share with you,but can only tell you on Springer,it won't be good news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit