I cant fade

by C.O.B.E.Beef 31 Replies latest jw friends

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

COBE we are interested in your story, try a different browser. I use Chrome and have no issues ohtre tehn splel cheek deosnt wrk.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

.. and make sure you copy your posts before you hit Submit

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you are using IE9, there is a compatability button you have to click.

• Terry
    Terry

Whatever you DO do and whatever the result, when you are OUT your are FREE.

What price is too high to be FREE?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I can't even imagine having to go to meetings and out in service. I think it would be torture.

Maybe you could just slow way down. You could plead depression.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I know exactly how you feel, COBE. I care too much for my family to let this tear them apart. It's better to slow down, and blame it on your heath.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I know exactly how you feel, COBE. I care too much for my family to let this tear them apart. It's better to slow down, and blame it on your health.

The problem is, being forced to live in limbo takes a toll, and has negative physical and mental consequences, feeling like you don't "own" your own life. Some eventually do not have to fake an illness, becuase it may actually become reality due to the stress.... :(

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Sorry for the blank posts and the confusion. I cant retype my original post right now but when I say I cant fade, I mean I cant stomach it. I cant fake it.

I ve had some excellent response from my wife so far and to give her a good opportunity to look at things objectively I continue to take things slow. At this point she shares many of my criticisms of the governing bodys policies, and feels it isnt fair for them to control and manipulate families based on their current opinions. She was disgusted by the talk at the D.C. labelling those with doubts in the orginizations policies as enemies. She told me recently that she understands why I cant support something I feel is wrong. She understands that my feelings are based on my bible trained conscience, not pride or selfish motives. Yesterday, she assured me that if my conscience got me disfellowshipped, she would know Jehovah was not behind the decision, and it would be unjust. I am thankful for her reasonableness and hope her critical thinking continues.

That being said, my children have me on the fast track out of the organization. I cant lie to them, or allow someone else to brainwash them. Its sad that for me to be able to be honest and conscientious with my kids, Ill have to be Df'd and cut off from everyone I know and love, but it doesnt really bother me.The innocense and beauty of my children have brought me more joy than anything I couldve imagined, and I ll trade my heritage for their future any day.

Ive said enough to the elders and my kids have said things that have raised eyebrows so I see a J.C. in my near future.

This is not a shot at those who fade, its got to be tough. I just cant do it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Glad you have at least some support from your wife. Maybe you both can eventually bail and save your immediate family alot of trouble in your lives. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit